In Pyre Need
Difficulty: Experienced Requirements: Medium Length: Short
Start location: Speak to the Priest of Guthix south-west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony (slightly north-west of Fairy Ring AKQ).
Skills: Level 52 Crafting, Level 55 Firemaking, Level 53 Fletching
Items: Eight empty inventory slots. (Priest gives you three items.)
NPCs: Brian Twitcher, Phoenix
Walkthrough hide »
1. Talk to the Priest of Guthix to have him beg you to help the Phoenix, which roosts in the cave next to him. After a short explanation of the Phoenix's powers, he will reveal that this time, the Phoenix was severely injured before it could complete the ritual of rebirth. In order to rescue the Phoenix from eternal death, you must complete the ritual in its place.
2. Agree to help the Priest of Guthix.
3. Ask about the ritual to receive an explanation and a set of necessary tools - secateurs, knife, and tinderbox. You need these every time you enter the cave.
Note: If you leave the cave at any time during the quest, you will have to start over from this point in the quest.
4. Enter the cave and head to the green area showing on your minimap. (The cave layouts are random.) Click the Cinnamon tree to harvest some twigs from it.
5. Look for the exit showing on your minimap, usually towards the north half of the cave versus the south half where you entered. If you try to go back the way you came, it will warn you that this exit takes you out of the cave entirely. You will lose the twigs if you do this.
6. In the next room, again go to the green area showing on your minimap. Click the Sassafras tree to harvest some twigs from it.
7. Find the exit and continue onward.
8. In the next room, the green area will have an Ailanthus tree. Click it to harvest some twigs.
9. Find the exit and continue onward.
10. This room features the Cedar tree in the green area. Harvest some twigs.
11. Find the exit and continue onward.
12. The last room before the Phoenix has a Mastic tree in the green area. Get some twigs.
13. Find the exit and continue into the Phoenix lair.
14. Optionally, you may head north and read the book on the shrine to gain a better understanding of the phoenix and its rebirth.
15. Use your knife on any of the twigs to turn all of them into wooden ribbons.
16. Use the ribbons on the pyre next to the shrine to weave a basket on it. In a cut scene, the phoenix will move onto the basket.
17. Use your tinderbox on the pyre to initiate the ritual. After a short cut scene, the phoenix will be reborn in the centre of the room.
18. Speak to the phoenix to receive five of its quills which can be used to create a Phoenix pouch after the quest.
19. Head to the south end of the room and right-click escape through the cave entrance to exit the cave.
20. Speak to Brian Twitcher, the Priest of Guthix, to inform him of your success and claim your reward.
Quest points: 1
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: SaidinWoT
Last updated: 20-Jun-2015
Which of the May Weekends are you looking forward to the most?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2016 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2016 Andrew Gower.