Difficulty: Novice Requirements: Easy Length: Medium
Start location: Stone-circle north of Taverley, speak to Kaqemeex
Items: Food, magic defence armour and a weapon if you are an extremely low level
NPCs: Kaqemeex, Sanfew
Walkthrough hide »
1. Talk to Kaqemeex at the stone circle in the northern part of Taverley. He asks for your help in creating an ointment of imbalance. The ointment is needed for a ritual to call Guthix’s attention to the chaos caused by the trolls. You need to help Sanfew gather all the ingredients needed for the ointment.
2. Sanfew can be found in the last building on east side of the river. It is just north of the pen with cows and sheep. Upon talking to Sanfew, you find that he wants you to get him untainted living water, wandering wyrmwood, and stone scales from a stone fish. He will give you an empty vial for collecting the untainted living water.
Gathering the materials
3. To catch a stone fish head to the lake south of Taverley. It is the lake with the Lady of the Lake's island in the middle. The fishing spot is on the west side of the lake. Fish there to get a stone fish, and use your chisel on the fish to get some stone scales.
4. For wandering wyrmwood, head to the south of the lake where you got the stone fish. There are plants that wander around - click on a plant as it's wandering to obtain a wandering wyrmwood.
5. For untainted living water head to the island of the Lady of the Lake. Enter the cave there. If you have not yet killed Magic stick, Ariane will be waiting there for you. Chat with Ariane and she will follow you through the cave. Run to the south, work with her to kill Magic stick, a level-13 troll who uses magic. She will kill him easily even if you don't help at all. After Magic stick is dead, use the vial Sanfew gave you on the fountain on the southern wall of the cave.
Making the ointment
6. Bring the ingredients to Sanfew who will combine them together to make an ointment of imbalance. Take the ointment and run north back to the Druidic circle and talk to Kaqemeex. A cutscene will finish the quest.
Quest points: 4
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Aurhora
Last updated: 05-Mar-2013
Which of the following sets of skills is your favourite? (Based on the lamps on the Squeal of Fortune)
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2013 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2013 Andrew Gower.