Elder Kiln, The
Difficulty: Master Requirements: Medium Length: Long
Start location: Speak to TzHaar-Mej-Jeh by the Birthing Pools in the TzHaar City.
Skills: Level 60 Agility, Level 75 Magic, Level 41 Mining
Skills: Combat Stats of 80+
Items: Armour, weapons, food, and potions to help you defeat multiple enemies up to combat level 357.
Monsters: FightpitPKer (level 113), Firecapezorz (level 113), Ket-Zek (level 130), Lava monster (level 198), LolthenKILL (level 113), NoRemorse77 (level 106), Odischamp (level 113), TokHaar-Hur (level 140), TokHaar-Ket (level 146), TokHaar-Ket Champion (level 357), TokHaar-Mej (level 146), TokHaar-Xil (level 146), TokTz-Ket-Dill (level 100), TzHaar-Ket (level 320), TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal (level 313)
Walkthrough hide »
A Strange Birth
1. Speak to TzHaar-Meh-Jeh at the Birthing Pools to find out what he and TzHaar-Mej-Ak are doing. You'll learn that they are working to hatch TzHaar-Mej-Jeh's egg, but the situation is troubling. Apparently many of the TzHaar eggs are dying or "being born... different." Agree to help hatch the egg.
2. You, TzHaar-Mej-Ak, and TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will work together to hatch TzHaar-Mej-Jeh's egg using fire and water-based magic spells. TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will provide the runes for this task. A temperature gauge with two pointers will appear on the left-hand side of the screen. Aim to keep the temperature between the two pointers so that the hatching percentage will increase. Use the fire spells to increase the temperature and water spells to decrease the temperature as necessary. The more powerful a spell is, the greater the change in temperature. If the egg becomes too hot or too cold, you will have to start all over again.
3. When the egg has been hatched, you will discover that the creature ends up being different from the TzHaar. TzHaar-Mej-Ak will inform you that it's born as Ga'al, a creature with no memories of all the ancestors that came before it. The TzHaar rely on their ability to pass down their memories to their descendants through birth in order to continue their race. Lately, however, there's been an increasing number of the Ga'al being born.
4. TzHaar-Mej-Ak will take the Ga'al-Jeh away to the Fight Pits to be killed, as it will be unable to serve the TzHaar society properly. As the Ga'al is being led away, TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will inform you that he has thought over a way to solve the problem of the Ga'al, but it is dangerous and uses old magic. TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will tell you to stop the Ga'al from entering the Fight Pits and bring him to the library, convincing TzHaar-Mej-Ak if necessary.
5. Agree to get Ga'al-Jeh and head to the Main Plaza at the centre of the TzHaar City, just west of the Birthing Pool. Here you will find a number of TzHaar and human NPCs preparing to enter the Fight Pits, and another Ga'al named Ga'al-Xox waiting to enter as well.
6. Speak to TzHaar-Mej-Ak, who appears to be the organizer of the Fight Pits. He will inform you that you cannot save Ga'al-Jeh from the Fight Pits, unless you believe you can protect him whilst in there.
7. If you're not already prepared, head west of the Main Plaza to bank and retrieve some combat gear. You will need to face a number of human and TzHaar opponents in the Fight Pits. Protect Ga'al-Jeh and defeat all the humans and TzHaar trying to harm him.
8. Odischamp always is the first to attack the Ga'al and should be your first target. He attacks using magic. After that, attack any of the creatures going after Ga'al, and let the others fight each other until you are ready for them. If more than one creature attacks Ga'al, simply attack them to get their attention and continue killing them.
9. After defeating the humans and TzHaar, TzHaar-Mej-Ak will call the Champion TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal forward. TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will try to stop the fight, but TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal will slay Ga'al-Jeh under orders to TzHaar-Mej-Ak. You will then have to defend yourself against TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal. Simply pray against melee attacks and he should be relatively easy to kill. However, if you are using ranged or magic you can trap it behind a rock and Ga'al-Jeh and kill it.
Plans for Revival
10. TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will explain his plans to revive the TzHaar by using the Kiln, an ancient place where the TzHaar were first made. TzHaar-Mej-Jeh believes that fusing TokKul (which turn out to be small rocks with the memories of the deceased TzHaar locked inside) with the Ga'al could help recover the memories of past TzHaar, and the Kiln would provide enough heat to perform such a task. Neither of the TzHaar-Mej are permitted inside the Kiln, but you can enter the Kiln as you would not break any of the TzHaar laws.
11. TzHaar-Mej-Jeh will hand you TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal's TokKul to take with you to the Kiln so that it may be fused with a Ga'al, specifically, Ga'al-Xox. Agree to help the TzHaar, and head east of the Main Plaza to a passage just south of the Birthing Pool. The passage leads east and north to the Kiln entrance.
12. The TzHaar-Ket guards will allow you to pass through into the tunnels to the ancient Kiln. However, they will also warn you of the dangers awaiting you. Have a rune or dragon pickaxe in your inventory (the bronze pickaxe in your toolbelt will not work here), as well as some food and potions. You are not allowed to have a familiar out from this point forward. Prepare your armour and weapons, and head inside the cave.
Fighting Your Way In
Note: If you die during any part of the cave system, you will not lose any items, your progress will not be reset, and you will reappear at the entrance to the cave. It may be necessary to leave the cave a few times to bank.
These caves may not appear in the same order for everyone. Make sure you pick-up the TokKul when you see it, however. It may not appear in the same room as the cutscene. Every player will at some point pass through all of the rooms mentioned in steps 13 - 18.
13. The first cave presents a chasm you must jump over. Go across the other side then prepare for battle. In order to pass into the next cave you must defeat all the monsters in the area. Be aware that in order to defeat the TokTz-Ket-Dill, you must wield your pickaxe to break through their armour, so do not bring a dragon pickaxe if you are unable to wield it! Be aware that the TokTz-Ket-Dill has a stomp attack that will hit you for up to 200 LP, and cannot be protected against/deflected! A chat message will appear warning you of the impending attack. Do not use protect from melee/deflect melee against TokTz-Ket-Dill - it may enrage it and cause it to use its stomp attack continuously. Instead, protect-from/deflect the magic attacks of the Lava monsters if you wish while fighting them. After defeating all the monsters, investigate the skeleton near the entrance to the next cave. Retrieve the Journal of Perjour and hold onto this for later.
14. In the second cave you will find some Tokkul and TokTz-xil-ul for Ga'al. He will help you fight the three Lava monsters and two Ket-Zek that await you. Protect against/deflect their magic attacks and defeat them all to proceed.
15. In the third cave there are four Lava monsters and a TokTz-Ket-Dill. Defeat these and head towards the end of the cave, where you will be confronted by a large ancient gate and some ancient scales. Look in the Journal of Perjour, where you will find a note tucked inside with a translation of the TzHaar language for numbers. Clicking on each scale displays a formula for how many TokKul to place on the scale. Use Perjour's note to translate the formula.
This is an example of a formula displayed when clicking on a scale. Formulas are different for each player.
Double check your work before placing TokKul on the scales; placing an incorrect amount on a scale results in you taking 200 to 300 damage (this seems to differ for each player so be prepared for 300). When you have figured out the appropriate number of TokKul for each scale the doors will open and you can proceed into the fourth cave.
17. You now have a series of chasms to jump over. There is TokTz-Ket-Dill you need to kill on the landing after the third chasm. Continue through the cave after defeating the TokTz-Ket-Dill and enter the fifth cave.
18. In this last cave, you will face three Lava monsters and one Yt-MejKot. It is possible to find a safe-spot to range/mage the Yt-MejKot but it shouldn't be necessary. Defeat these monsters, and enter the Kiln.
Into the Kiln
19. Upon entering the Kiln, you will enter in a brief conversation with TokHaar-Hok before being attacked by a variety of TokHaar. Their attacks come in waves, similar to that of the Fight Caves and if you die before the waves are complete you will have to start over!
There are a number of safe spots that you can use while fighting your way through these waves. A series of walls are scattered around the room, tall ones and lower ones. The TokHarr-Mej's magic attacks will pass over even the tall barriers, whilst ranged attacks cannot. For example, try trapping the TokHaar-Xil behind the tall barriers while fighting against the TokHaar-Mej so that you can continue to protect against/deflect the magic attacks without being bombarded by ranged ones at the same time. Bear in mind that you will not be fully protected against the magic attacks, but the accuracy and damage is greatly reduced. You can also range the melee TokHaar (TokHaar-Hur and TokHaar-Ket) over the low walls.
It is also possible to use the TokHaar to block the melee creatures. Simply run around one of the TokHaar-Mej or TokHaar-Xil whilst keeping your distance to trap the others behind them. It is advised to range the TokHaar-Mej from a distance whilst using protect from/deflect magic, or whilst praying against other attacks that you cannot avoid. When you have defeated all the TokHaar, speak to TokHaar-Hok.
20. Learn about the history of the TokHaar and the TzHaar if you wish, otherwise ask TokHaar-Hok for help to merge Ga'al-Xox with TzHaar-Ket-Yit'tal's TokKul. The chat options here will not affect your reward. Watch as Ga'al-Xox is transformed. When the process has been completed, leave the Kiln. As you head back to the TzHaar city through the caves the TokHaar will attack you! Staying to fight is not necessary and does not affect your reward. As you leave the caves, you will learn from Ga'al-Xox that the TzHaar suffer a great pressure while being trapped inside their TokKul form.
21. Leave the caves, or flee them rather, because you will be under attack. Don't bother fighting back; you will be overpowered eventually. Once out, head over to the Main Plaza and speak with TzHaar-Mej-Jeh and TzHaar-Mej-Ak. TzHaar-Mej-Ak will ask for Ga'al-Xox to prove that the process has worked, and has him fight a Tzhaar-Ket. The cutscene that follows finishes off the quest.
Quest points: 2
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Aurhora & ForsakenMage
Last updated: 13-Nov-2013
In response to a poll from Oct 2013 anticipating bonds, have you used a RuneScape bond yet?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2014 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2014 Andrew Gower.