"A horror from the ocean depths. "
||Life points: 9000
|Attack type: Melee+Ranged
||Max Hit: 0
||Quest monster: No
|A Class F boss within the Dominion Tower, south-east of Shanty Pass.
|Requires completion of the Horror from the Deep quest to be fought in the Dominion Tower.
There is a specific offensive strategy you must use to defeat the Dagannoth Mother. It has a total of 6 different hide colours. You can only do damage on it if you use the right kind of attack while she appears as that colour. Poison is only effective when it can be attacked with melee.
- Red - Attack with Fire spells (strikes, bolts, blasts, waves or surges)
- Brown - Attack with Earth spells (strikes, bolts, blasts, waves or surges)
- Blue - Attack with Water spells (strikes, bolts, blasts, waves or surges)
- White - Attack with Air spells (strikes, bolts, blasts, waves or surges)
- Green - Attack with Ranged (special attacks)
- Orange - Attack with Melee (poison is a good idea)
In terms of defence, ensure your armour allows you to adequately cast spells by making sure your magic offensive bonus is not negative. Unequipping a melee platebody can facilitate spellcasting as it is needed. Use the highest level elemental spell available to you according to the colour of her skin. If you have particularly high melee stats, you can also simply defend against the attacks while the mother is immune to melee then inflict severe damage while she is vulnerable (orange) by using a powerful melee weapon. This is often enough to nearly defeat her if you have high melee stats, combined with a couple magic spells to finish her off. Either way, it is recommended to use the Protect from missiles prayer while fighting her.
The Dagannoth Mother changes colours in this order: White, Blue, Orange, Brown, Red, Green, then back to white. Some players have reported that sometimes she might skip a colour.