How to Use the Shops Database
Tip.It's Shops Database contains information on all shops in RuneScape. Each shop entry allows you to access the following information:
- The city or area where the shop is located
- Detailed directions to the shop and a minimap picture
- Base amount, selling price, buyback price, Hi-Alch value, Grand Exchange price and image of each stock item
- Information on the currency used
- Detailed notes on any unique features or requirements
- Quick links to any related quests, guides and other content for additional information
The main page for the shops database has sorting features (explained below), but also offers a Search feature. The Search feature allows you to search the database by Shop Name or by an Item Stocked, as well as limiting the search to player type.
Choose search by Shop Name or by Item Name in this drop-down menu.
Enter a term to search for - this can be a shop name or item name depending on what you have chosen in the previous field. This field is not case sensitive, but correct spelling must be provided for proper results.
In this dropdown list, there are three options: "All Players", "Free Only", and "Members Only". If you select "All Players", all shop types will be searched. If you select "Free Only", the search will only show shops available to free players, and if you select "Members Only", the search will only show shops available to members.
Note: The more specific you are with search terms, the fewer results will appear. If you do not know exactly what you are looking for, a single, general keyword is strongly recommended.
The index page of the Shops Database also allows you to sort the entire list of shops in a couple of ways.
Clicking UP will sort the shops in alphabetical order by shop name. Clicking DOWN will sort them in reverse alphabetical order by name.
Clicking UP will sort the shops in alphabetical order by the city or area the shop is in. Clicking DOWN will sort them in reverse alphabetical order by city/area.
Note: The list further defines each shop as Members and Quest in the columns to the right, but these are not sortable.
Below is information on all of the Shop Information fields found in every shop entry. If you are looking for information on Shop Stock fields, see the next section.
The name of the shop as it appears ingame.
Shows if the shop is available to members only or also nonmembers.
Unlocked by Quest?
Shows if a shop is available only during or after a quest.
Tells what a shop accepts for payment - it will not always be GP!
Defines the city or general area where the shop is located.
Minimap picture and Shopkeeper
The minimap picture at the left shows the location of the shop. It also includes the name of the shopkeeper.
Gives additional tips, tricks and other things unique to the shop. May also include the date the prices were last confirmed in person.
Detailed text directions to find the shop.
Link to Tip.It content relevant to the shop, such as required quests.
Names of those who have contributed to the shop information.
Shop Stock Information
Below is information on all of the Shop Stock Information fields found in every shop entry. If you are looking for information on Shop Information fields, see the previous section.
Amount of the item that the shop keeps in stock.
Picture of the stocked item.
Name of the stocked item. Click it to see the item database entry providing additional details.
Shop Sells For
The price you will pay for the item. This is based on the shop at its normal base quantity.
Shop Buys For
How much the shop will pay you if you sell the item back to the shop. This is based on the shop at its normal base quantity.
High Alch value of the stocked item. Please report Hi Alch Value errors through the Items Database entry if the need arises.
GE Market value of the stocked item. Prices are automatic from the Jagex Website and cannot be changed manually.
If you spot missing information or incorrect information in any shop, please report it so we can deal with it promptly. There are two different "Submit Correction" links on each shop page, one for Shop Information and one Shop Stock. Alternatively, you can post on our Website Updates and Corrections forum (a forum account is required) for a faster response.
If you are using the "Submit Correction" link, a page will come up with information that is currently presented in the item entry, and a field for you to submit your corrected information. Each of the fields were explained above.
Here are guidelines to follow when submitting corrections through the "Submit Correction" link:
- The Shop Information and Shop Stock areas are two different systems. To submit a correction to Shop Information, click Submit Correction near the top of the page when viewing any shop. To submit a correction to Shop Stock, click Submit at the top of the stock of any shop.
- Enter text explaining specifically what is wrong with the entry. If a field is correct, just leave it blank. Please don't repeat what's already shown - just tell us what is wrong so we can easily find your change.
- If you can't find a place for your information, use the comments area at the bottom.
- Please report Hi Alch Value errors through the Items Database if the need arises.
- GE Market prices are automatic from the Jagex Website and cannot be changed. Please do not send in reports about them.
- Ensure you use your best spelling and grammar. If a submission doesn't make sense, it will be deleted.
- If you would like credit, please include an (appropriate) name to be credited to. Tip.It reserves the right to omit inappropriate names. Note that we welcome small corrections for spelling errors and such, but do not credit them.
- Shops marked as Quest shops are shops available only during or after a quest.
- Sending in spam submissions, vulgar language or other inappropriate comments is grounds for an IP Ban from submissions. All IP bans are non-appealable.
Original Guide By: Cowman_133
Thanks To: Lady_Shahdie, pokemama, Rcty
Last Updated By: Cowman_133
Last Updated: 29-Mar-2010