Perils of Ice Mountain
Difficulty: Novice Requirements: Easy Length: Short
Start location: Talk to Lakki the Delivery Dwarf north of Falador on the path connecting Falador with Barbarian Village.
Skills: Level 10 Construction, Level 10 Farming, Level 10 Hunter, Level 11 Thieving
Items: Energy Restore potions
Lodestones: Falador and Edgeville
NPCs: Brother Althric, Brother Bordiss, Drorkar, Nurmof, Oracle, Professor Arblenap
Walkthrough hide »
A Special Delivery
1. Speak to Lakki the Delivery Dwarf north of Falador on the path connecting Falador with Barbarian Village.
2. Lakki was supposed to be delivering parts to the new power station, but has lost a crate on the way, offer to help him find it.
3. Head west along the path toward the steps, and search the bushes you see beside the path. The crate will be in one of the bushes along the path, though it is different for each player where the crate is, so search all the bushes until you find it.
4. Once you have found the crate, head up to the power station on southern end of the mountain. Once you have found the crate, head up to the power station which is on Southern side of the mountain. It is the most Western building by the Dwarven Mine entrance. Speak to Drorkar and give him the crate.
5. Drorkar will ask you to deliver a letter to Bordiss, who can be found in the monastery to the north east. Accept the task and make your way to the northern garden of the monastery.
6. Speak with Brother Bordiss and give him Drorkar's letter. Bordiss will be enraged by the letter and tell you about Drorkar's 'Zamorakian smoke machine.' Just as he is calmed down, Brother Aldric's roses die.
7. Speak to Brother Aldric and offer to help him. Use a bucket of compost and your watering can on the dead roses to save the flowers.
The Beginning of the End
8. After the cutscene head back to Ice Mountain (and up the snowed central peak). Find Professor Arblenap on the southern end of the snowed peak and speak with him. Arblenap will tell you how Drorkar's machine is killing the Icefiends. Offer to help him save them.
9. Wield the net the Professor gives you and capture 4 baby Icefiends. Give the Icefiends to the Professor who will thank you and teleport just as an avalanche occurs.
10. Head to the northern end of the mountain and speak with the Oracle. Offer to fix her demolished tent, which has been swept down the mountainside to the east.
11. Head down from the ice peak and pick up her broken tent from the avalanche snow. Head back up the mountain to the Oracle and use the tent on the remains with a hammer, 2 planks, 2 nails and a saw in your inventory to fix it. The Oracle will tell you how the melting snow will cause the end of civilisation and insist you must prevent it.
12. Head down from the peak and south to the power station to speak with Drorkar. Tell him he must shut down the power station as it will cause the end of civilisation. He will not be swayed and tells you to speak with Nurmof.
13. Head east and down the ladder into Dwarven Mine. Make your way to Nurmof's pickaxe shop and tell him he must shut the power station down. Nurmof refuses but says Bordiss had an alternative design but never turned up with the plans.
14. Head back to the monastery and speak with Brother Bordiss. He will tell you he kept the plans is his chest and it seems Drorkar took the key while he was drunk.
15. Head back to the power station and pickpocket Drorkar for the chest key. Make your way to the east and down the ladder into the mines. Head immediately east into Drogo's shop. Use the key on the chest to retrieve the plans.
16. Take the plans to Nurmof and use them with him. He will assess the design and realises it will work. Watch the cutscene of the new environmentally friendly power station. Quest complete!
Quest points: 1
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Eyehawk78
Last updated: 01-Feb-2014
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2018 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2018 Andrew Gower.