Let Them Eat Pie
Difficulty: Novice Requirements: Beginner Length: Short
Start location: Talk to Nails Newton in Taverley.
NPCs: Foppish Pierre, Head Farmer Jones, Nails Newton, Nicholas Angle, Rolo the Stout
Walkthrough hide »
A Case of Food Poisoning
1. Nails Newton is located just outside the Pick and Lute Tavern, just south of the Taverley house portal. Strike up a conversation with him and he will tell you he wants you to steal Rolo the Stout's personal seal so that he can open up the food stocks to the refugees from Burthorpe. Nails tells you that to achieve this you will need to make a pie that will incapacitate Rolo.
2. If you have not brought the supplies with you, there is a field across the river and to the south of Taverley full of wheat for you to pick, although you only need one for the purpose of this quest.
3. Slightly north-east of the field of wheat is the corpse of a Troll which has attracted the attention of some maggots, pick up some of the fishing bait and head back across the bridge to the mill.
4. Grab an empty pot from the table in the mill and head upstairs. Use your wheat on the hopper and you will automatically add the fishing bait. Once that is done pull the lever and head back downstairs to collect your flour. Now go back and speak to Nails.
5. After Nails has made you a pie crust he will tell you that you need to get a crayfish and bury it in a field. If you do not have a crayfish on you, head to the lake north-east of Nails to find a fishing spot and catch one (you don't need to bring anything in order to do so).
6. Go to the field of your choice (the Flax field is closest) and your character will automatically bury the crayfish into the dirt. Sometime later your character will reclaim the Crayfish from the ground so you can now go back to Nails.
Pomme de Kebbit
7. Nails will now ask you to get a potato and put it down a Kebbit's burrow. In order to get one you will need to speak to Master Farmer Jones who is north of Nails, by the Flax field.
8. Just to the west of Jones is a Kebbit hunter area. Use your potato on the burrow and it will turn rather nasty. Return once more to Nails.
9. Use the potato or crayfish on the maggoty pie shell and cook it on the oven in the tavern. Show it to Nails who will tell you the stench is a giveaway that it is poisoned and that you will need to pickpocket Rolo's friend, Foppish Pierre for some spices.
10. Pierre is located just outside the mill, to the south of Nails. Once you have acquired the spices, use them on the pie.
11. Head back to the tavern and go upstairs where you can present the pie to Rolo the Stout. He will ask you what it is called but it does not matter what you say its name is.
Warning: The sound effects for the next part of the quest are not suitable for people with a weak stomach! If the sound of people throwing up makes you nauseous, turn your sound off.
12. After giving Rolo the pie, your character will go downstairs. The effects of the pie quickly become apparent. Once Rolo has finished, return to Nails.
13. Nails will tell you to go back upstairs and steal the seal from the chest. If you want a more detailed account of what just happened you can speak to Kepple who is now a nervous wreck. Once you have stolen the seal, present it to Nails and he will exchange it for a letter which you are to deliver to Foppish Pierre.
14. Give the forged letter which explains that the food stores are to be freely opened to Foppish Pierre and return to Nails who will thank you for your help.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Quest points: 1
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: BloodAngel
Last updated: 23-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2017 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2017 Andrew Gower.