Song from the Depths
Difficulty: Novice Requirements: Beginner Length: Short
Start location: Speak to Lucille in the house directly west of the well in Rimmington.
There are no requirements for this quest.
Items: Some food and armour, but not necessary to complete the quest.
NPCs: Lucille, Remora, The Raptor, Waylan
Walkthrough hide »
1. Speak to Lucille in the house directly west of the well in Rimmington. You'll notice her husband, Waylan, tossing and turning on a bed while muttering strange phrases nearby, as though having a vivid dream. Lucille will inform you of the strange sleep that has fallen on the men-folk of Rimmington, and wants your help in figuring out what's going on. Agree to help save her husband from this strange curse and the Raptor, one of RuneScape's signature heroes!
2. Lucille will hand you a restless sleep potion she had learned to make from an old witch that will allow you to "visit the world of dreams." Drink the potion anywhere in Lucille's house to enter the world of dreams.
In the World of Dreams
3. When you awaken, you will reappear in Rimmington in a dreamscape. As you step out of the house, you will see the souls of the men of Rimmington head out as well. Follow them north towards the Rimmington mine and into the cave entrance on the south edge of mine.
4. Make your way across the bridge when you appear inside the cave. A haunting voice will begin to tell you her story, only to be rudely interrupted by the Raptor. Follow the Raptor deeper into the cave.
5. You will find yourself in a room with doors to the north, south, east, and west. The haunting voice will begin to sing an old mermaid song, two lines at a time, to guide you through these doors. Note that you do not re-enter the door that you appear from! If riddles aren't your thing, you can also try to follow the souls that wander around you.
6. Continue on through the cave, listening to the haunting voice tell more of her tale if you chose to do so. Otherwise, go through the door up ahead.
7. You will find yourself in a room where in the center two ethereal figures stand, playing out the story the haunting voice tells. At the top of the screen, a meter showing the percentage symbols discovered. Finding the illuminated symbols around the room will bring the meter to 100%. Make your way towards the northwest wall and an illuminated symbol will appear under your feet. Proceed towards the northeast wall and another illuminated symbol will appear. One of the walls along the room will open to reveal a door once you've found all the illuminated symbols. Go through this door to continue.
8. Another set of illuminated symbols need to be found in this room. As before, find all the symbols to bring the meter to 100%. They can be found near the southwest wall, northwest wall, and eastern wall. Proceed through the door that appears along one of the walls of the room to continue.
A Furious Soul
9. In this room, a platform with four pots stand before you, a deep chasm standing between the platform and the door that you need to go through to proceed further. This third set of puzzles require you to listen to the haunting voice again for clues. Pick up the burning sapling at the center of the platform plant it in the appropriate pot after each clue. To retrieve the sapling from the pot, simply click on the pot to have the sapling returned to your inventory.
After completing the puzzle successfully, you will find that a large tree has grown at the center of the platform, with one of its roots extending over the chasm. Go across the root to the door to continue.
10. Watch the cut scene as the souls of the Rimmington men jump into the chasm, following the haunting voice's calling. The Raptor will approach, then follow suit. Jump into the chasm after them... into the mouth of a large beast!
11. You are now inside the belly of the beast. Make your way through the series of "rooms" in the beast's belly avoiding the bubbling pools as they contain acid that will deal an initial damage of up to 49 life points, followed by a rapid succession of up to 19 life points if you continue to stand and walk through it. Having auto-retaliate off will help you navigate the room easier to avoid attacking the flying leeches and grotworms as you make your way through.
The Source of the Song
12. Finally, you will discover who owns the haunting voice: a siren. She's trapped inside a cyst, but doesn't appear to understand where she is. Speak to her to provoke her out of her dream-like state. You will then learn her name is Remora.
13. The Raptor soon appears, threatening to kill Remora. Convince the Raptor to spare her life so that you all may escape this nightmare.
14. Sit back and watch the cut scene, giving you a preview of the Queen Black Dragon herself. After the cut scene, you will reappear with the Raptor at a White Knight camp, just to the northeast of Rimmington. Head back to Lucille to complete the quest.
Quest points: 1
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: ForsakenMage
Last updated: 13-Jul-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2017 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2017 Andrew Gower.