Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Hard Length: Short
Start location: Speak to Sumona in Pollnivneach.
Skills: Level 25 Crafting, Level 35 Slayer
Items: Catspeak amulet, Ghostspeak amulet, Cat or Kitten, Facemask, Earmuffs
Other: Level 90 Combat
Items: Good armour, good weapon, food, Ring of Life, Prayer potions, Pickaxe, Filled waterskins, Rope (enabling the shortcut, optional)
Skills: Level 40 Prayer
Monsters: Mummy Warrior (Level 110) or Mighty Banshee (Level 130), Banshee Mistress (Level 134), Insectoid Assassin (Level 116)
NPCs: Catolax, Sumona
Walkthrough hide »
1. Speak to Sumona in the house directly north of Pollnivneach's Market Seller. She seeks a hero to rescue her twin sister from monsters who have taken her into the town well. Agree and she will quickly send you to the well to get started.
2. Wearing your Catspeak Amulet, head to the well in the centre of the town (head south) and attempt to climb down. You will be intercepted by a stray cat warning you about the dangers down the well - banshees to be fought in smoke. In order to deal with this combination, you must speak to Catolax, a dead Slayer master, who will know how to solve your problem.
3. Besides being dead, Catolax is also buried in the ruins of Ullek. To access Catolax's tomb, you will need to learn the 'trick' and bring along your cat.
4. Head to the Agility Pyramid to access the Ruins of Ullek. If you have made the rope shortcut, use it to access the plateau, climb the wall and head north through the crevice. If not, run south-east past the Pyramid and around the tip of Ullek. You'll have to head north-west once you reach the swamp. Climb over the pillar, up the steps, and through the crevice (more information on setting up the shortcut in the "Tips and Tricks" section here). Once past the crevice, search the Sealed Door to the west to enter the Tomb. Drop your cat and speak to it to learn that he thinks Sumona's intentions aren't all good.
5. Search either holey wall on the sides of the chamber you have just entered. Your cat will search the hole, revealing alternative paths on either side of the room.
6. Speak to your cat to find that he has special knowledge from an unknown source. According to your cat, you may kill or pass over enemies - it won't matter, you must examine most everything for help, and that certain guardians will only appear if you have already killed their minions.
7. Enter either path (you will have to go down both), and destroy the Broken door with a pickaxe - if you do not have one, you can obtain one by searching tombs in the centre room - and move into the next room. You will not be able to destroy the door while the Skeletons are attacking you - you may either kill them and destroy it, or run out of the room after each time.
8. As soon as you go into the next section, search the wall south of the odd markings to deactivate them. Pass them and repeat this with the set of odd markings at the end of the room.
9. In the last room, you must kill all four minions before any others respawn, then kill the Mummy Warrior (Level 110) that comes out of the sarcophagus. When you have killed him, he will drop a key which you can use to open the door to a hallway. Pull the lever in this room to deactivate the central row of traps.
10. Return to the starting room and head down the other path, repeating the same process.
11. Return to the starting room once more and head down the central path - all traps there are now entirely inactive. Speak to Catolax while wearing your ghostspeak amulet to learn how to combine earmuffs with a facemask.
Success and Failure
Combine the facemask and earmuffs to produce masked earmuffs. Wear these and enter the well in Pollnivneach. Kill a Mighty Banshee (Level 130) and pick up the Banshee Voice it drops. Use this on the Wavering mystic barrier (the north-most barrier) to pass through it.
In the next chamber, you encounter the Banshee mistress, whose Insectoid assassins are keeping Jesmona, Sumona's sister, hostage. After the conversation, the Banshee Mistress (Level 134) will attack with both magic and melee. When the Banshee mistress becomes weak, the Insectoid assassins (Level 116) will begin ranging you, it is advisable that you turn on the range protect prayer at this time. Continue attacking the Banshee Mistress, as everything will die when she does.
Rather than celebrate your success, Jesmona becomes angry with the Insectoid assassins for their failure, and kills them before disappearing. Catolax thanks you for freeing his spirit, and explains that the entire quest was an attempt on your life. After explaining Jesmona's actions, he will send you to talk to Sumona.
Head up the Bucket rope at the south end of the dungeon and speak to Sumona. After expressing her deep sorrow over the situation, she gives you her reward.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: SaidinWoT
Last updated: 07-Aug-2014
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Add a Tip.It button to your web site:
© 1999 - 2023 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2023 Andrew Gower.