Spirit of Summer
Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Medium Length: Medium
Start location: North of Varrock, near the wilderness wall. Talk to the little girl's spirit and choose to follow her.
Quests: Restless Ghost, The
Skills: Level 40 Construction, Level 26 Farming, Level 35 Prayer, Level 19 Summoning
Items: Ghostspeak amulet, Spirit wolf pouch, Desert wyrm pouch, Spirit scorpion pouch. Consider bringing extra pouches to be sure.
Items: Supercompost, some food if you have a low combat level
Monsters: Spirit Beast (special combat method)
NPCs: Spirit -Father-, Spirit -Girl-
Walkthrough hide »
In the cutscene you will see a spirit, seemingly the girl's father, scolding the girl. A protective barrier appears around her, preventing you from talking to her. Talk to the father, who seemingly cannot speak: you will have to use emotes to communicate. To learn what emotes are appropriate responses, watch the two spirits to the north-east. Then, based on the emotes the father uses, respond with the appropriate emote:
2. If you miss seeing an emote he does, use the "think" emote to get him to repeat it. When you give the right response to the father, he will be happy and one of the energy-rings around the girl will disappear. If you give a wrong response, all the rings will reappear.
When all the rings are gone, speak to the spirit girl. She can talk, but her speech is very erratic. The girl will speak of a village to the west, near the mountains. Agree to follow her to this village.
3. Find the spirit girl, who is located close to the smithing icon, and speak to her. Though she still makes little sense, she mentions a barrel and a log. Ask her to take you back to the real world.
4. Locate a bucket, and use it on the barrel next to where the girl was standing to empty it. Then go west toward the centre of the village to find a statue with a hollow log nearby - pick the mushrooms from the log. Return to the spirit girl. When she takes you to her realm you will see her washing at the now-full barrel and eating the mushrooms which have grown on the log.
5. The spirit girl will now be in the building to the west of the portal. Talk to her. She will mention the wardrobe next to her. Speak to her to return to the real world. Collect a hammer, two planks and four steel nails and use them to repair the wardrobe.
6. Head back to the girl and return to her realm again. You will see her taking something out of the now fixed wardrobe.
7. The girl is now standing next to the farming patch. Talk to her. She mentions the dead limpwurt plant, and the doll trapped underneath it. Return to the real world. Locate a rake and a seed dibber, and search the crates scattered around the ruins for a limpwurt seed.
8. Rake the patch and plant the limpwurt seed. Wait for the plant to grow. This will take about twenty minutes.
A Little More Sense
10. Follow the girl to the altar, located downstairs in the eastern building. She tells you that you must awaken the discs by feeding the altar. What do altars eat? Bones...
11. Return to the real world and collect a skull and five bones, which are scattered around the area. Step on the portal to enter the spirit realm again. Use the bones and the skull on the altar. This will awaken the first disc. Be sure to use the altar located in the spirit realm.
The Summoning Battle
12. The first disc is found to the north-east of the eastern ruins. Summon your spirit wolf and position him standing on the surface of the disk, towards the eastern side. The Spirit Beast will approach from the west. When you see him coming, change your camera angle to top-down view so you can see when his toes are on the disc. As soon as they are, click to dismiss your familiar.
a) If you are successful, the entire disc will light up in a square and the Spirit Beast will reel backwards. You'll see a mini-cutscene where the second disc rises from the ground.
13. The second disc is found to the north of the ruins, close to the first one. The picture on it matches the desert wyrm, so summon that familiar. Again, position it standing on the disc opposite to where the beast will approach, and watch from above for when the Beast's toes get on the disc. Dismiss your familiar successfully and you will see the third disc rise.
14. The third disc is found near the north-west corner of the ruins. The beast will approach from the north. Dismiss your familiar when the Beast's toes are on the disc to win the battle!
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Eyehawk78
Last updated: 23-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2021 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2021 Andrew Gower.