What's Mine is Yours
Difficulty: Novice Requirements: Beginner Length: Short
Start location: Speak to Doric just north of the Falador city gates and outside of the Taverley.
Skills: Level 5 Smithing
Items: Combat gear.
Monsters: Living rock brawler (level 2)
Walkthrough hide »
A Business Going into Ruin
1. Head north of Falador or east of the Taverley gates to visit Doric. Someone's been stealing his business, and make things more worse, it seems his son Boric has gone missing after sending word that his studies were complete. Agree to help Doric recover his business.
2. Only one of Doric's customers remain, Sir Amik Varze, the leader of the White Knights in Falador. After agreeing to help, Doric will send you off to get some high-quality copper ore and high-quality tin ore. You will given an ore bag and mining sites map to help Doric find the ores he needs to create the presents to increase his profile to Sir Amik.
3. Click on the mining sites map to view it. You will see four locations marked: Dwarven Mines, Rimmington Mine, Southwest Varrock Mine, and Southeast Varrock Mine. Head to each of those locations to retrieve the ores Doric requires.
When you successfully mine copper or tin ore at these locations, you will be attacked by a Living Rock Brawler. These will drop high-quality copper ore and high-quality tin ore. You will need two of each. Kill the Living Rock Brawler that appears at each location to retrieve the ores. While at the second location, you will spot two mysterious figures, and the reason why you're running into the Living Rock Brawler.
4. Pick up the broken anvil amulet dropped by the Living Rock Brawler in the Southwest Varrock Mine, and the wizard's diary dropped by the Living Rock Brawler in the Southeast Varrock Mine. Once you've retrieved all the ores, return to Doric.
Some Finishing Touches
5. Let Doric know what happened to show him the wizard's diary and the broken anvil amulet. Remove the high-quality ores from the ore bag and smelt them at Doric's furnace to retrieve two high-quality bronze bars. Use these bars on Doric's anvil in the east portion of the smithy to create a high-quality bronze dagger and high-quality bronze sword. Present these to Doric, who will then send you to Aksel in the Artisan's Workshop in Falador to get them finished.
6. Speak to Aksel in the Artisan's Workshop, who will agree to finish the high-quality bronze dagger and sword for you if you get a status report of the track from Sten for him. Head to the eastern portion of the Artisan's Workshop and go downstairs. Speak with Sten to get the status report, then head back upstairs to speak with Aksel to give the status report and retrieve the finished bronze dagger and finished bronze sword from him.
7. Go to the White Knight Castle at the center of Falador and speak with Squire Cerlyn, located at the ground floor of the western part of the castle. Inform him that you need to speak with Sir Amik, and you will find out someone else claiming to be working for Doric has gone ahead, preparing to make a business deal. Tell Squire Cerlyn that the person does not work for Doric and follow him to Sir Amik. You will find out that the fraudster is Boric, Doric's lost son!
8. After a quick cutscene, you and Boric will arrive at Doric's smithy, where you will need to referee the two of them to cool tensions. Aim to make the Family Conflict bar turn green as you chose questions for Doric and Boric to ask each other.
9. Once you've resolved the family conflict, Doric will inform you that he and his son will be working together as "Doric & Son" and take you on board as one of their partners. Once you've partnered up, help the family restart the business by first clearing away some rocks downstairs to give the shop more space. In addition, Boric will hand you some high-quality bronze bars to create some ornamental armour for the mannequin bases in the smithy, and a new sign for the shop front.
10. Head down the steps on the north side of the smithy, then mine the rocks blocking the rails and path to the western portion of the area. Head back upstairs to smith into an ornamental chainbody, ornamental platebody, and shop sign on the specialized anvil in the shop. When you have finished making these items, hand them to Doric. Sit back and enjoy the cutscene!
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: ForsakenMage
Last updated: 31-May-2015
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2020 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2020 Andrew Gower.