Tears of Guthix
Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Medium Length: Short
Start location: Make sure you have your spiny helmet equipped - purchasable from Slayer masters. Use your rope with the hole in the ground in Lumbridge Swamp. Go to Juna, the Serpent, in the south-east area of the Lumbridge Caves.
Quest Points: 44
Skills: Level 20 Crafting, Level 49 Firemaking, Level 20 Mining
Items: Spiny Helmet, Chisel, Pickaxe, Tinderbox, Cut sapphire, Rope (only if you have never visited the Lumbridge Caves before), Bullseye Lantern (see crafting guide).
Items: A second (lit) light source (EXCEPT a candle, as this can cause explosions), Antipoison
Quests: The Lost Tribe (see Tricks, Tips and Notes section)
NPCs: Juna, Light creature
Walkthrough hide »
1. Talk to Juna, the serpent, who will tell you of stories about Guthix and of the weeping rocks. She wants an adventurer to tell her some stories. You will tell her some stories and she will be pleased with you. She would like to grant you access to the Tears of Guthix, but you need to create a special bowl before you can participate.
2. She tells you to make a stone bowl out of a magic stone to hold the tears of Guthix. The stone is mined on the other side of the cavern.
The Sapphire Lantern
3. Leave the Lumbridge Caves and extinguish your bullseye lantern. Use a cut sapphire with it, then relight it. (Fitting the sapphire into the lantern requires level 49 Crafting). Do not attempt to do this while inside the caves or you will be stuck without a light. If you have a second light source with you, however, you can do this part in the caves.
NOTE: If you do not have 49 crafting, you can purchase an unlit Bullseye Lantern from other players. If it has already been outfitted with a lens, you can simply put your cut sapphire in to make your sapphire lantern.
4. Go back down to the caves and use your sapphire lantern on one of the nearby light creatures which are floating around.
5. The magical lights will carry you over the chasm to the other side, where you can mine the rocks for the magic stone. After you mine a magic stone, use your chisel on it to make the stone bowl.
6. Return to Juna with the stone bowl to complete the quest.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Craven Image
Last updated: 29-Jan-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Add a Tip.It button to your web site:
© 1999 - 2023 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2023 Andrew Gower.