Difficulty: Master Requirements: Hard Length: Short
Start location: Speak to the Catapult Guard north of the Tyras Camp.
Skills: Level 44 Construction, Level 42 Fletching
Skills: Level 54 Smithing
Items: Antipoison, food, gp for Charter Ships
Walkthrough hide »
1. Talk to the Tyras guard standing next to the catapult north of the Tyras Camp. (Take a Charter Ship to Port Tyras to get there.) The Guard fears General Hining will fire him, as he failed to keep the catapult in good shape. Tell him he'll most likely be fired and he'll ask you for help, so go talk to General Hining in the Camp.
2. Speak to General Hining near the centre of the camp and bring up the broken state of the catapult. When he lets you help with the catapult, he tells you to find the Engineer and deliver a letter from his superior.
3. Exit the Tyras Camp and head to the Hunting spot through the path:
4. Speak to the Catapult Engineer to deliver the letter, then tell him General Hining sent you. When he worries that the job is difficult, tell him you are an experienced carpenter. Being convinced, he will hand over a copy of the schematics for the catapult.
5. If you attempt to read the schematics, you will find they do not include what type of item you are supposed to use. To solve this problem, speak to the Catapult Engineer again and ask to read the letter, which states in capital letters exactly what material is needed.
6. Head to the Dwarven Mines (located south of Ice Mountain) and speak to Rolad the dwarf in the eastern house. It turns out the metal parts have already been sent, but Thaki the delivery dwarf has gone missing on his way to Port Sarim.
7. Go to the bar in Port Sarim to find Thaki. Speak to Thaki to try to claim the parts, but the very drunk dwarf won't give them to you because you are not a sailor.
8. Search the drunken sailor sitting just outside the south exit to find a sailor's hat. Put it on and speak to Thaki again - he will now provide the parts.
9. With a hammer, a saw, a knife, the 10 mahogany planks, 90 mithril nails, and the metal parts from Thaki in your inventory, read the schematics and make the parts.
Assembling the Catapult
10. Return to Isafdar and the catapult and speak to the Tyras guard. You will have to fix both sides of the catapult, piecing together the parts you made. This involves solving a puzzle. Click "Show" to see the solution below.
11. Speak to the Tyras guard - he is pleased you were able to fix it, but finds it rather useless. You must test the catapult's aim to make sure it's in proper order. Click "Show" below this list to see solution images:
12. Speak to the Tyras guard once more to claim your reward.
Quest points: 2
This quest is a requirement for:
Written by: SaidinWoT
Last updated: 28-Sep-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2018 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2018 Andrew Gower.