Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Medium Length: Medium
Start location: Speak to Kennith in Witchaven, east of Ardougne.
Quests: Slug Menace, The
Skills: Level 46 Mining
Items: Any Pickaxe
Items: Explorer's ring 3 to replenish run energy
Walkthrough hide »
0. Speak with Kennith to begin the quest and get initial instructions.
1. Walk just west of the start point and enter the ruins. Once you have climbed down the ladder, walk through the wall opening to the east. Follow the trail to the imposing doors, making use of the agility shortcut if you wish. You will come to a pair of villagers. Talk to them and they will tell you that their work is not yet complete. They will not let you in to what they are guarding
2. As you climb over the rocks to return to Kennith, a small cutscene will show some rocks falling. Go back to Kennith and let him know about everything you saw. He asks you if you can try again, but you will refuse. He will then ask you to find his parents. He reveals that he wants people back because he is very bored.
3. Walk east of the chapel in Witchaven and speak to Kent and Caroline, Kennith's parents. Kent will stuff a note that asks you to meet him at the entrance to the legend's guild into your hands and run away.
4. Walk north to the legend's guild and speak with Kent. He tells you that he was afraid to speak to you where Kennith could hear. He asks you to make sure that Kennith's friend, Kimberly, is safe.
5. Find Kimberly in the northernmost house. She is scared and hasn't seen her parents in a few hours. She asks you to come with her to walk around Witchaven while she looks for her parents.
6. A cutscene will occur and you will find yourself being followed by 4 villagers. Make sure they are all behind you, then walk into the church. When you have them all inside, run outside and close the door.
7. Return to Kimberly and let her know you have locked them all up. Kimberly will now want to go speak to Kennith, so follow her there. Kennith will tell Kimberly she is a wimp and she should look for her parents herself. You discover that his parents, too, have disappeared, but he is not worried. Another cutscene will occur and villages will appear to hurt Kimberly.
8. Use the same tactics to lock up the villagers again. Make sure they are all behind you, then walk into the church. When you have them all inside, run outside and close the door.
Entering the Caves
9. Go back to Kimberly and tell her you locked them up. She will now go with you to Ezekial in the fishing shop. Upon arrival, speak with him and he will tell you that he can get you past the villagers if you meet him down at the cave entrance. He will head down there and leave you and Kimberly alone.
10. Go back down to the old ruins and get to the entrance guarded by villagers that you went to at the beginning of the quest. This time, Ezekial will be there. With his help, the villagers will let you through. You will walk into a small room. Talk with Ezekial then proceed to the next room. Below is a map of the strange dungeon area.
11. Enter the next room through the wooden door (A on the map above). Follow the green path until you can Prospect and then Mine the shown exit. If seen by workers, you will be thrown out of the room and have to try again. The highlighted green areas are hiding places, in case the workers start to turn around to face you. To get past the workers, simply don't head toward the next safe spot until they are facing away from you. To hide by carts, click on them to crouch behind them.
Wait for the 3 carters to face away AND the two patrollers to face away, then run full-speed south to get behind the long wall. Wait for the south patrolling villager to face west in front of the south wall then run to the middle alcove on the west wall. The guards cannot see in the alcoves at all.
12. As soon as the patrolling guards meet and turn away from each other, prospect and then mine the small black hole in the wall opposite the middle alcove. If you don't have enough time to do both, you can duck back into the middle alcove to avoid the villagers. Enter the hole and you will appear in a long rail tunnel.
13. Follow the trail to the end of the tunnel and pull the lever to unlock the wooden door. Ezekial emerges and tells you to move on to the next area. Walk back to the other side of the tunnel and through the door across from the hole in the wall.
14. You will enter another small room where you will find Kent and Caroline. Speak with Ezekial to prepare for the next room.
15. Ezekial tells you that in the next room you will need to fight the slugs with heat by mining Rubium in the walls (Room B on the map). These look like red blotches on the walls. Mine 4 of the 6 ore deposits and use them with the steam vents on the floor. Be careful! If you are caught, the ores will disappear. Note that when you are mining the ore, the barrier walls do not protect you from the sight of the villagers on the far side of the room, so duck back *close* to the barriers as needed.
The key in this room is that the four carters cannot see when they are close to and facing the central pillar - it entirely blocks their view. So move only when they are near it. Working counter clockwise around the room is suggested.
16. The next room (C on the map) is a little more difficult, but you must apply the same concept.
In the next room you encounter Kimberly's parents, Clive and Katherine. Speak with one of them. They claim that their bodies are puppets and beg you to help them escape.
17. Leave through the way you came. The villagers you knocked out will still be knocked out. As you enter the room you initially started at, Kennith will be there. He is enraged about the loss of his train. He tells you that he enslaved the minds of all the people in his anger. He captures Kimberly in a magic spell and Ezekial tells you that the only thing that can save her is if you find Kennith's train. Talk to Kimberly and ask her where she left Kennith's train. Remember the location - it is different for every player.
18. Find the train in Witchaven where Kimberly described. It will not have a red dot on the mini-map like most dropped objects.
19. Once you find the train, go back through the tunnels and give Kennith the train. He will immediately begin playing with it and halt the spell. Near the end of the cutscene, Kennith warns you that the queen is coming for you, but Kent says that Kennith is just tired and saying stuff. Ezekial tells you that he has a new plan for what to do with Rubium, but refuses to tell you. Quest Complete!
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Lalala7324
Last updated: 23-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2022 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2022 Andrew Gower.