Difficulty: Grand Master Requirements: Hard Length: Medium
Start location: Speak with Zimberfizz, located at Soul Wars.
Quests: King's Ransom
Skills: Level 60 Construction, Level 65 Hunter, Level 75 Magic, Level 66 Mining, Level 70 Prayer
Additional Requirements: Completed the Knight Waves Training Ground after the King's Ransom quest.
Skills: Very high Combat skills (85-90+), 70 Defence (to use Piety), high Herblore (88+ for Extreme potions)
Items: Strong armour and weapons, Prayer potions, Saradomin brews, Super restores, lots of food, a Beast of Burden summoning familiar. Armour that has high magic defence stats, good ranged weapon, Zamorakian spear
Corruption beast (level 90), Spectral attendant (level 100), Spectral tender (level 100), Spectral worshipper (level 100), Spectral cultivator (level 100), Decaying avatar (level 140), Nomad (level 200)
NPCs: Knight, Zimberfizz
Walkthrough hide »
The First Door
1. Speak to Zimberfizz the imp at Soul Wars, then search Nomad's tent. After discovering a trap door, climb down.
2. You are now inside a large room with streams of power running through the floor to an arcane door, which is currently impassable. There are two doors to the south. There are no monsters in this room. Proceed to the south-western door and enter the room.
Note: Each of the following puzzle rooms will contain either Spectral attendants (level 100) or Spectral tenders (level 100) which attack with melee. If you log off before finishing a puzzle, it will reset and all the attendants will reappear. It is safe to head to a bank to restock if necessary; your progress will still be there when you return.
3. In the new room, climb the ladder to the south, remembering to use the "Protect from Melee" prayer as you run by the Spectral attendants (level 100).
4. On the next floor, there is rubble that can be mined. Clear it with a pickaxe. This will come in handy later.
5. Continue up to the top level, and move both statues so that water is flowing through the room.
6. Go back down to the middle ("rubble") floor, and pull both the northern and the southern lever once so that water is flowing into the cleared tunnel. Go down the ladder, and exit into the main cavern.
7. Now enter the room on the south-east side. Take some elemental fuel from the fuel hoppers in each corner; 9 should do. This room has two non-aggressive Spectral tenders (level 100).
8. Your Hunter skill enables you to lure the Elementals into the waterfall on the other side of the room. Put down a trail of fuel from the machine until fuel is directly beneath the waterfall. The map shows the most efficient locations to place the bait (place them one at a time, from east to west). After luring three Elementals into the waterfall, the machine will power off.
9. Return to the spot where you mined the rubble, and continue pulling the southern lever until water is flowing into the southern basin.
10. Downstairs, you must now move the pillars so that all three streams of water travel north to the strange machine. This works like a sliding puzzle, and can get difficult. Be sure to pay attention to the markings on top of the pillars. The below picture is one way to solve the sliding puzzle, there are, however, more solutions.
11. Finally, the power will shut off, and the arcane door in the main room will be passable. Take this opportunity to bank at Soul Wars.
The Second Door
12. Returning through Nomad's tent trapdoor, pass through the north arcane door. This room contains four Spectral worshippers (level 100). There will be another arcane door north of you that is blocked by more power running through the floor. Go to the eastern room, where a knight will stop you. He explains that you need a burst of fire to stop the machine, and only the most pious may pass. Activate Piety.
13. Enter the room with Piety activated, and leave it on the entire time you remain in this room. If Piety is not activated, you will begin taking damage and your stats will drop. The room is guarded by a number of aggressive Corruption beasts (level 90), so be wary. However, note that killing a beast will completely restore your prayer points, so you might desire that advantage.
14. There are five piles of rubble with stone slabs on them scattered around the room. Collect all the stone slabs from the piles, then proceed to the river. Hop onto the two slabs that are already in place and start placing the slabs into the river by clicking them in your inventory in order to hop across the river.
15. On the other side of the river, cast Fire Wave on the explosive barrels to destroy the machine. Afterward, cross back over the river on the stone slab bridge, and return to the central room.
16. Enter the western room, and destroy the four individual roots that are growing past the machine. There will be a rumbling, and the Decaying Avatar will appear (level 140).
17. Use the "Protect from Melee" prayer in close quarters. This will be a long battle, and the Avatar heals itself three times on nearby roots that spring up (when it has 1/4 of its total life points). To prevent this, destroy the roots before the Avatar can reach them. The first root will spring up in the north-west corner of the main room, the second will be in the south-east corner, and the third in the north-east corner. It is recommended to move the avatar to the opposite side of the room from the next root spawn in order to improve your chances of destroying the root first. (Ranging from the safe-spot pictured below is less desirable due to the healing roots. Ruby bolts are optional, but will speed the fight somewhat.)
18. After finally destroying the avatar the power will shut off, and the second arcane door will open. Head back to Soul Wars to gear up for an extremely difficult battle.
Disclaimer: This is one of the most difficult quest battles in RuneScape, and you will likely die multiple times. Upon death, you will respawn at Soul Wars with a gravestone nearby. Certain items have reportedly not respawned with the gravestone such as God Books and Ava's Accumulator/Attractor.
Before battle, summon a beast of burden, and store Rocktails or Saradomin brews and Super restores inside. A typical inventory for battle should contain either Saradomin brews and Super restores (at a 3:1 Brew:Restore ratio) or Rocktails and Prayer potions (3 potions should do.)
Once you are completely prepared for the battle with Nomad, go back through the tent and go through the second arcane door (the northern of the two, in which you haven't been through yet).
His ordinary attacks, using any of the three combat types (mage, melee, or range), hit in the 200-300s (LP). However, he alternates with 3 different special moves that make this fight very challenging. He will rotate through these special attacks in order and use ordinary attacks in between:
20. After you have defeated him go back and talk to Zimberfizz at Soul Wars. There will be a short cut scene and the quest will end. Congratulations!
Quest points: 3
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Lalala7324 and Metoo1000
Last updated: 15-Feb-2016
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2018 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2018 Andrew Gower.