Difficulty: Experienced Requirements: Medium Length: Medium
Start location: Speak to a Gossip in the area of the Sinclair Mansion.
Skills: Level 65 Defence, Level 45 Magic
Items: Bronze Med Helm, Iron Chainbody, Black Platebody, Black Platelegs (or Black Plateskirt), Black Full Helm, Telekinetic grab runes (Can be attained during quest) or a Lockpick, a piece of Granite (any size) OR a Ring of stone
Walkthrough hide »
1. Talk to the Gossip near the gates of the Sinclair Mansion and he will tell you the Sinclair Family has vanished. The villain from Murder Mystery (Note: For the rest of the guide we assume the villain is Anna, although this might not be the case for you) is suspected because of insurmountable evidence, and is locked in the Seer's Village jail. To make it stranger, King Arthur and his knights have disappeared.
2. Agree to investigate, and the Gossip will tell you that the Guard in Sinclair Mansion might be able to say more.
3. Speak to the Guard, who will tell you that the Seers Village Council has locked up both the Sinclair Mansion and Camelot.
4. Go to the east side of the Mansion and break the window closest to the dog pen.
5. Take the Scrap paper from next to the fireplace in the north-east corner of the dining room.
6. Head upstairs, and take the Address Form from the table in the centre room.
7. Search the bookcase directly south-west of it for a black knight helm.
8. Go back to the smashed window and 'break' it again to leave.
9. Talk to the Guard to show him your evidence. He won't be able to do anything for a month, but suggests a rogue such as yourself would do well to learn the Sinclair history.
10. Talk to the gossip and ask him about the Sinclair family history. Ask about the family, the mansion, and Anna. He tells you Anna is locked up in Seer's Village jail and no lawyer will represent her.
11. Head south down the path to Seer's Village until you get to the courthouse. Speak to Anna, she will swear innocence immediately. She will offer to show you the way into Camelot if you agree to be her defence attorney.
12. Agree to defend her and she'll give you a thread. She says the servants will recognise that the colour is also worn by one of her siblings.
13. You can choose to return to the house and question the servants, finding out what each of them knows about the case. However this is optional, you may instead go directly to court. Head down the stairs in the courthouse to enter the courtroom. After a short cut scene, the judge will ask you to question your witnesses.
14. Call the following witnesses (to call a new witness, you must click on the judge):
15. The Judge will call a halt and the Jury will find Anna Not guilty. Click on the gate behind you to exit.
16. Ask Anna for details on the secret passage into Camelot.
17. Follow the wall around Camelot to the east side where, just south of the small garden, you will see a statue. Search the statue and you will end up in a cut scene. It turns out that Anna, David, and Morgan Le Faye planned all of this from the beginning. They will knock you out and throw you in jail.
18. Speak to Merlin and go through every question, then ask the knights if they have any ideas on how to escape.
19. Right-click the vent on the north wall and select 'reach'. Merlin will escape through the vent on a human pyramid in a cut scene.
20. To get out, you must now pick the lock on the metal door. If you did not bring a lockpick, you'll need something to pick the lock. Examine a guard outside the cell to find one combing his hair - use telekinetic grab on him to obtain his hair clip. If you don't have runes ask all of the knights for what they have in their pockets and you will get the runes. Use your lockpick or hair clip on the metal door to open the Tumbler puzzle.
21. You will need to match each tumbler up with its correct height to escape. It's a (Mastermind) game of guessing and chance, with the help of a "score" on the left showing if your tumbler guesses are correct. The lock will reset after 10 guesses. See the section below for an explanation on how to solve the lock.
The Holy Grail
22. Having solved the puzzle, you will be inside Keep Le Faye. Go up two flights of stairs to the top floor.
23. Search the table with boxes on it. You can optionally click 'Show riddle' in the top left to get a riddle hinting which box contains the Holy Grail, but it's not required.
24. Select the purple box, second from the right. The grail will appear in your pack. (If you pick the wrong box, you will be teleported south of Ardougne.)
25. You now need to visit Wizard Cromperty, so head to his house, which is just north-east of Ardougne market. Talk to Wizard Cromperty, who will provide you with an Animate rock scroll. This, he tells you, when used with the Holy Grail and a piece of granite, will free Arthur.
26. Go to the Black Knights' Fortress and put on your bronze medium helm and iron chainbody.
27. Enter the central door on the southern side of the fortress.
28. Go immediately West down the ladder, which looks somewhat like a trapdoor, to find King Arthur as a statue.
29. Click to free him and a cut scene will show him being released from the spell.
30. Speak with him to give him the guard uniform (bronze medium helm and iron chainbody) as a disguise. He will tell you to meet him in Camelot, so go there.
31. Speak to King Arthur in Camelot and he will reward you.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: abomb67 and SaidinWoT
Last updated: 08-Feb-2015
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2022 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2022 Andrew Gower.