Difficulty: Novice Requirements: Beginner Length: Short
Start location: Speak with Apprentice Clerval, located beneath the Mage Training Arena.
Skills: Level 25 Construction, Level 27 Magic, Level 20 Runecrafting
Items: 5 Water runes, 5 Mind runes, 5 Body runes, 2 Cut emeralds, 20 Pure Essence OR 20 Rune Essence, 3 spaces in inventory, 5 Pizzazz points of any kind - see the Mage Training Arena Guide for more information.
Walkthrough hide »
1. Speak with Apprentice Clerval. He will request the help of 3 wizards - Wizard Shug, Wizard Edvin and Wizard Dougal - in recreating a Rune Guardian. It is your job to persuade them to help.
2. Proceed upstairs to the top floor of the arena. Speak with Wizard Shug, seated near the Rewards guardian. Note that if you do not have 5 pizzazz points, he will not talk about the quest with you.
3. When given the option to listen to Shug's story or get to the point in the conversation, choose either option. After some dialogue, you will have all the information needed to proceed with the quest.
4. Head back downstairs to where Clerval is. You must now enchant two emeralds. Operate the workbench at the north wall of the room twice to enchant both emeralds. Give the pair of enchanted emeralds and 20 pure essence or rune essence to Clerval.
5. Talk to Wizard Edvin who is also downstairs. He tells you that you must navigate a maze of portals that he created in order to get more information. Based on the design of the tile next to it, each portal will move you in a different direction. There are 5 different tile designs which are shown below.
6. The general strategy for the maze is to work your way from room D6 to room D1. Follow these steps to do so:
7. After completing the maze, teleport out through the exit switch (the purple star animation in each room) and talk to Wizard Edvin again. Only one more to go!
8. Wizard Dougal has quite the ego. You can choose to compliment him and massage his ego when given the chance, but if you feel the need to defend your abilities to him go right ahead. You'll get the same end result either way.
9. After he asks you to make Steam runes, he will give you some supplies. To make steam runes, equip the binding necklace. You will need at least 5 pure essence and 5 water runes in your inventory. Then, use the water talisman on the Fire Altar.
10. After you have crafted the combination runes, show them to Wizard Dougal. Then take all of the runes to Apprentice Clerval.
4. Finishing Up
11. In order to reanimate a Rune Guardian, you must fix the Animation Table in the room. To fix it, arrange the tiles of wires so that the wires all connect from the south end of the table to the north end of the table. This is shown in the picture below.
12. Finally, use Edvin's tool on the rune essence to obtain pieces of the guardian. Talk to Clerval again who will take the pieces from you. After viewing the cutscene that follows, the quest will be complete!
Quest points: 1
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Lalala7324
Last updated: 23-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2017 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2017 Andrew Gower.