Elemental Workshop III
Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Easy Length: Medium
Start location: Search the bookcase found in the Seers' Village Chapel and read the Ragged book found there.
Quests: Elemental Workshop II
Skills: Level 33 Defence, Level 20 Mining, Level 33 Smithing
Suggested:Level 66 Defence or a Restore potion (4).
Monsters: Earth elemental
Walkthrough hide »
Note: If you do not have your slashed book and battered key, you can obtain them from the bookshelf in the house across from the entrance to the Elemental Workshop.
Whilst in the workshop you can use this map page to help you navigate.
2. Enter the Elemental Workshop in the building west of Seers' Village bank (you'll need a Battered key to do so). Once you've gone in, obtain three Elemental ores by mining elemental rocks and defeating the Earth elementals that spawn. Use these along with 12 Coal in the furnace to the south to smelt three elemental bars. Use one bar with the furnace, with the mould in your inventory, to create a ragged elemental key. Keep the remaining bars for later.
3. Climb down the central staircase to the floor below and use them to create two primed bars as was done in the Elemental Workshop II quest.
Repeat this process for a second primed bar. For additional information on how to create the Primed bars, please refer to Steps 10-13 of the EW II quest guide.
4. With the key and bars in hand, climb down the staircase and walk south to the Body Door. Unlock it with the ragged elemental key before continuing on through to the large room beyond.
5. West of the Body Door, there is a locked Control Room with a slot on the outside of the door; simply insert one of your Primed bars into the slot to unlock the door and gain access to the Control Room. You won't need to use this room yet, so climb down the nearby stairs afterwards.
The area below contains a colossal and complex machine, not entirely unlike the one found during the Elemental Workshop II quest. The machine itself acts as a sliding-panel puzzle (similar to Treasure Trails Puzzles), and you'll be required to manipulate its components in order to have the machine create Body bars for you.
Concerning the machine, there are several features of interest:
6. When you're fully comfortable with how the machine works, reset the machine (if you've made any moves) and start on Puzzle #1. Your goal is to make an uninterrupted line of the 6 "Low" Mechanism Sliders stretching from the Drive Mechanism to the north terminal of the counter on the right side (from the perspective of the aerial view) in order to close the circuit. There is more than one "solution" each of these puzzles, but so long as you can directly connect the start- and end- points, the manner in which you align the Sliders is of no consequence. Also, note that the Mechanism Sliders, when they are connected to the Drive Mechanism, will begin to "whirl" and are considered activated at that point. The entire line of Sliders from the Drive Mechanism to the Right Counter terminal must be activated for Puzzle #1 to be solved.
Above is a reference image, which corresponds to the codes used throughout this guide to help you solve the puzzles.
Puzzle #1 - Lowering Right Corner
To solve puzzle #1, pull the levers in the following order:
C, 2, F, 6, C, 2, F, 6, C, 2, E, 5, B, 3, F, 2, B, 3, F, 2, E, 4, F, 3, RESET
Note: if you would like a more detailed explanation of the puzzles in this quest, consider using our Elemental Workshop III Puzzle Guide. It will guide you through the puzzles one step at a time.
7. Solving puzzle part #1 will unlock the "Mid" Mechanism Slider. This unique Mechanism, along with those you used in the last puzzle, will be required later on in the puzzle. Reset your progress by pulling the Reset Lever. The "Mid" Slider will remain unlocked and you will not need to redo puzzle #1.
8. Next, you can begin on Puzzle #2. The result of completing this puzzle is 50 supplementary moves added to the main counter. This will now allow you 100 moves before the puzzle resets on its own. You must connect the drive mechanism to the south terminal of the right side counter.
Note: Puzzle #2 is optional, however it gives you room to make a mistake on Puzzle #3, which is exactly 50 moves.
Puzzle #2 - 50 Extra Moves
To solve puzzle #2, pull the levers in the following order:
5, A, 6, F, 5, A, 6, F, 5, B, 6, F, 5, C, 6, F, 5, D, 6, F, 5, E, 6, F, 5, E, 3, F, 4, E, RESET
9. Once you've reset the machine, you can begin on Puzzle #3. Similarly to the first puzzle, you'll be required to make a line of Mechanism Sliders from the Drive Mechanism to a Counter terminal. However, in this case, you must connect with the north terminal of the Counter on the left (again, from the perspective of the aerial view). Additionally, the final Mechanism in the chain MUST be the newly-gained "Mid" Slider. The circuit cannot be closed by attempting to connect an ordinary "Low" Slider, as was done in the previous puzzle. This means that one of your "Low" Sliders will not necessarily be used.
Puzzle #3 - Lowering Left Corner
To solve Puzzle #3, pull the levers in the following order:
A, 5, B, 6, C, 5, A, 6, E, 2, B, 5, E, 2, B, 5, E, 2, B, 5, E, 2, B, 3, C, 2, F, 3, B, 5, E, 3, B, 5, F, 2, B, 6, E, 5, D, 6, F, 4, E, 6, F, 4, E, 5, RESET
10. Solving Puzzle #3 will unlock the "Tall" Slider. You'll need to use this along with your other Sliders to solve the next part of the puzzle, although it's sure to be much more complicated than the past few! After the "Tall" Mechanism Slider drops down, reset your progress and prepare yourself for Puzzle #4.
8. The result of completing puzzle #4 is infinite moves. This means you will no longer need to worry about using up your moves and having the puzzle reset. To accomplish this, you must connect the drive mechanism to the south terminal of the left side counter.
Puzzle #4 - Infinite Moves
To solve Puzzle #4, pull the levers in the following order:
2, A, 3, F, 2, B, 3, F, 2, C, 3, F, 2, D, 3, F, 2, E, 5, B, 3, E, 6, F, 3, E, 5, F, 3, E, 4, F, 3, E, RESET
11. Now you'll need to create a direct line of Mechanism Sliders connecting the Drive Mechanism to the terminal at the opposite side of the machine. The "Tall" Slider you obtained will come into play here - it MUST be the final link in the chain connecting to the terminal or the circuit will not be closed. You will also need to contend with the Pillar stationed in the centre of the machine; while it did not pose a problem before, you'll have to loop your chain of Sliders around it to reach the opposite terminal.
12. After you managed to solve Puzzle #5, the central Pillar will fall, and you'll be ready to move on to the next part. Be sure you have reset your progress before you start Puzzle #5.
Puzzle #5 - Lowering the Middle
To solve Puzzle #5, pull the levers in the following order:
B, 2, A, 3, B, 2, F, 6, B, 2, D, 3, E, 5, D, 6, F, 4, E, 6, C, 5, E, 6, D, 5, E, 6, F, 3, E, 6, F, 4, E, 5, DO NOT RESET
Note: DO NOT RESET YOUR PROGRESS! Doing so will require that you complete Puzzle #5 again, so it's very important that you be aware of this.
Note: The fallen Pillar is not another Mechanism Slider or anything of the sort; it is stationary and will be used again to solve the remainder of the puzzle.
13. For Puzzle #6, rather than connecting your Mechanism Sliders to a terminal on the outside walls of the machine (as you've been doing until now), you will have to connect them to all four sides of Pillar. The only stipulations to this are that the "Tall" Slider must connect with the side of the Pillar furthest away from the Drive Mechanism, while the "Mid" Slider must be connected to the side closest to it. "Low" Sliders can be used to connect to the other two sides of the Pillar. Create an activated chain satisfying these conditions and the circuit will be closed.
Puzzle #6 - Making Central Pillar Spin
To solve Puzzle #6, pull the levers in the order listed below. The
C, 4, B, 6, E, 4, F, 6, A, 5, E, 6, B, 2, F, 6, B, 2, F, 6, C, 5, E, 6, F, 4, E, 5, B, DO NOT RESET
Note: for the first couple of moves, the game may claim that nothing interesting happens. Just ignore this.
14. To finish with Puzzle #7, reconnect the chain of Mechanism Sliders to the terminal on the opposite side of the machine from the Drive Mechanism. There's no need to worry about the Pillar now, and the only requirement in this part is for the "Tall" Slider to connect to the opposite terminal. The "Mid" Slider no longer needs to be connected anywhere specifically, so concentrate on just manipulating the activated Sliders across to the other side of the machine.
Puzzle #7 - Raising the Central Pillar
To solve Puzzle #7, pull the levers in the following order:
4, C, 5, DO NOT RESET
15. You'll know you've solved Puzzle #7 once you close the circuit and a cutscene occurs. The Pillar will rise up once more and the Machine will be operational. At this point, you can continue with the quest and begin preparations to create Body equipment - your original purpose in repairing the Machine.
16. Now that you've repaired the machine, climb the stairs and return to the Control Room. It will still be open if you inserted one of your Primed bars into the slot earlier, so go inside.
17. Inside the Control Room, flip the nearby Lever to close the door and press the "Big Red Button" next to it. The Primed bar you inserted into the slot will be infused with the Body energy the machine generates. Flip the lever again to unlock the door and collect the Body bar you've just created!
Note: Pressing the button and creating a Body bar will drain 33 points from your Defence skill each time.
18. Unfortunately, one Body bar will not be enough to make a Body body, so you will have to infuse the second Primed bar you brought along. The "Big Red Button" will be stuck after one use so you'll need to return to the Puzzle Room. Essentially, you must manipulate the machine and cause the central Pillar to fall back down and rise again (charging it in the process).
To recharge the machine, pull the levers in the following order:
4, 5, 4, B, C, 5, No Reset
Once the machine is recharged, create your second Body bar by pressing the "Big Red Button" again upstairs in the control room.
19. At long last, take your two body bars upstairs to the first floor of the Elemental Workshop. There, use your Body bars on an anvil (with the slashed book and ragged book in your inventory) to make a Body body. Congratulations, quest complete!
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Rien Adelric
Last updated: 28-Jun-2015
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2021 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2021 Andrew Gower.