Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Medium Length: Long
Start location: Talk to Timfraku in Tai Bwo Wannai (South of Brimhaven)
Quests: Jungle Potion
Skills: Level 15 Agility, Level 30 Cooking, Level 5 Fishing
Items: Small fishing net, Knife, around 5000 gp, Iron spear or greater (not black), Jogre bones, Pestle and mortar, Raw Karambwan, one four dose Agility potion or two three dose Agility potions, ranged or magic attack weapons to kill a monkey. The following required items can be found during the quest or can be collected prior to the quest: Seaweed, Banana, Karamja rum
Skills: Level 65 Fishing, Level 43 Magic (Superheat ore spell)
Quests: Shilo Village (Bank access)
Monkey (lvl 12)
There are a large variety of jungle creatures to evade during this quest. Food is recommended for lower-leveled players and an Antipoison for all players.
NPCs: Lubufu, Tamayu, Tiadeche, Timfraku, Tinsay
Walkthrough hide »
Timfraku thanks you for everything you have done in the jungle potion quest and gives you a new mission. Your mission is simple enough; just get his 3 sons to return to the village:
A map with the locations of key items and NPCs is below:
The ability to catch or obtain karambwanji and karambwan is necessary for the retrieval of all three sons. While the recommended order is the fastest way of completing this quest, the fishing or any of the sons can be done in any particular order you wish.
1. You can only catch Karambwan with the proper fishing vessel so go and talk to Lubufu in south-west Brimhaven (see map). It will take some effort to get Lubufu to accept you as a fishing apprentice so just keep talking with him until he notices you are being very persistent. He will finally ask you to find the bait for the vessel.
2. Lubufu will tell you that karambwanji, the bait for the vessel, spawn in the Holy Lake. Go to the lake south of Tai Bwo Wannai and catch 20 karambwanji with a normal small fishing net. Fish an extra 3-5 since you you'll need them later on in the quest. Take the 20 karambwanji back to Lubufu once you have them.
3. Lubufu will now give you a karambwan vessel that you need to catch the karambwan with. To catch karambwan, you'll need to place a raw karambwanji in the karambwan vessel, and then fish at the fishing place next to Lubufu.
4. Tamayu is located at the mines just south-east of Tai Bwo Wannai Village (see map). He says he will not set foot in the village until he has slain the Shaikahan. Talk to him again and tell him you would like to join him on his next hunt. He will agree on the condition that you do not interfere. A cutscene ensues and Tamayu will fail to slay the Shaikahan. He will mention, at the end, the beast heals itself too quickly and he is not agile enough to slay the beast.
5. To help Tamayu defeat the Shaikhan, you need to bring him one four-dose or two three-dose agility potions and an iron spear or better (except black) poisoned with poisonous karambwan paste. To obtain the paste, cook a Karambwan for a short time and use it on a mortar and pestle. The Karambwan can be cooked on a fire (use logs and tinderbox) or on the range in Brimhaven. Make sure the karambwan is improperly cooked and marked as poisonous, or it will not be effective. Then just add the paste to the spear.
6. Go back to Tamayu and use the potion(s) and spear on him. Ask if you can join him on the hunt and in the cutscene he will this time succeed. After the cutscene, he promises to return to the village.
7. This son is located on Cairn Island (see map). Please note that getting to Carin Island requires crossing an ill-conditioned bridge and treacherous climbing rocks; both have the capability to deal damage if you fail to cross successfully. Claiming he needs items for "statue rebuilding," Tinsay will have you collect three food items for him. He will only ask for and accept one food item at a time. He asks in this order:
8. Tiadeche is located on the east side of the river (across the bridge), at the north tip of Karamja (see map). He will only return once he can catch his own Karambwan fish. He will not accept a Karambwan fish, so use a baited karambwan vessel on him so he can fish for himself. He will tell you to take a different vessel over to Tinsay (the crafting brother) so he can produce his own vessels.
9. If you didn't collect an extra karambwan vessel earlier, go back to Lubufu, and tell him that you need a new vessel. After obtaining one, take the vessel over to Tinsay and he will give you some crafting instructions on making a new one. Take these back to Tiadeche, and he will agree to come back to the village.
Finishing the Quest
10. Speak to Timfraku and the quest will finally be complete!
After the quest, return to Tai Bwo Wannai and visit:
Quest points: 2
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Honest1 and Ks Jeppe
Last updated: 09-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2022 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2022 Andrew Gower.