Difficulty: Experienced Requirements: Easy Length: Medium
Start location: Speak with Zealot in the Mines in Morytania, located south-west of Mort'ton.
Skills: Level 15 Agility, Level 35 Crafting
Other: Started Nature Spirit. be able to defeat a level 90 enemy.
Items: Food. Super Energy potions are recommended. Weapons and armour to kill a level 90 monster without prayer.
Quests: In Aid of the Myreque
Skills: Level 40 Prayer (Protect from Missiles)
Items: As always when fighting high level monsters, bring high defence armour, lots of high-healing foods and prayer restore potions. You may wish to use a ranged or magic offensive attack paired with a melee/ranged defence. This boss will teleport around the room as hazards fly at you inflicting damage. See the boss battle section for more details. You may also wish to have an emergency teleport.
Monsters: Treus Dayth (level 90)
Walkthrough hide »
1. Speak to Zealot and tell him that you are a follower of Saradomin. He tells you the story of the mine, which has been sealed up. Zealot has the key but will not give it you as this is 'his task'.
2. Pickpocket Zealot to get the key he refused to give you when speaking to him.
3. Head south until you see a mining cart track heading into the mine. The track is blocked to the mine by a mining cart. Climb over it and enter the mine.
The crazy mining cart
4. Once inside, head west until you see another cart tunnel. You will pass a ladder, remember this, as you will need to use it later. Head out the cart tunnel and then south along the track. Head back into the mine through the other tunnel.
5. You will see a ladder a little east of you. Go down the ladder and head east. You will see another ladder here, go down that also.
6. Look at your mini-map. You will see a moving yellow dot - this is a mine cart moving around. Be careful and don't get hit by it as it'll do damage to you. It's a good idea to have run on now. There are some "safe spots" where you can stand while the cart moves on the track. Stand here until the cart is far enough away for you to make it to the next safe spot. Once you are ready, head down the southern track.
7. At the end of the track you'll find a ladder. Go down it.
8. Make your way north through the cave and pick a glowing fungus from the water. You cannot substitute it with any other light source. Do NOT drop the fungus or bring it into sunlight as it will turn to ash!
9. Go north-west and you will come to a mine cart with a "search" option. Use your fungus on this.
10. Head north-west until you find a point settings board. You need to change the points setting to use the mine cart properly. This can be a bit tricky, but it will work by matching your points setting to the picture below. Make a note of which points settings are different from the picture below, these are the levers you will need to pull. NOTE: Taking a screenshot of your point settings for comparison is an easy way to do this.
11. The A-E levers can be found north-east of the cart and the F-K levers are to the north of the point settings board. Examine the levers to find out which points setting it corresponds to. Only pull once on the lever of the letters which light red arrow does not match the screenshot provided below. For example: if the light red arrow for lever A is pointing to the left, you need to pull it once to change it to the proper direction. If you fail, make sure you pick a new fungus and place it back in the cart (You fail when your cart sinks).
Once your point settings match the point settings above, press the red start button.
Back up and down again
12. Now head all the way back to the first level of the cave and go down the ladder you noted earlier, prior to the place where you went out of the cave then back in.
13. Go north-east and down the ladder there. Now go west, and down the ladder there. You will see the mine cart from before.
14. Search it to find the fungus then go back up the ladder. Head east and make your way to the ladder going down. Beware of another cart moving around there!
15. Once you're down there head south and take the eastern road at the fork to arrive at a water valve. Make sure you have 80%+ energy left and that it is ON before performing the next step.
Use the Zealot's Key on the valve and run into the lift and make it take you down. If you are not quick enough, a ghost will turn the valve off again and you will have to head back and use the key on the valve again.
16. You will now be plunged in a chamber filled with water. Go east and down the stairs. Prepare for the final fight.
Be sure you have near full health, good armour and food. You may also wish to have an emergency teleport.
17. In the middle of the room there's a crate with an "innocent looking key" on it. Try to take this and you'll be attacked. It is best to use the Protect from missiles (range) prayer as this will prevent damage from the flying objects.
18. As you fight Treus Dayth, he will teleport around the room, causing the objects in it to attack you and cranes to swing at you. These objects are what will inflect most of the damage. Try using Protect from missiles (level 40 prayer) to reduce damage. While most of these attacks are unavoidable, avoid standing on the tracks so the mine carts cannot attack you and standing by cranes so they cannot hit you.
Magic or ranged offensive attack paired with a melee/ranged defence is a good strategy here. You cannot attack him while he is teleporting around the room. Attacking with melee, particularly if you have a lower level, is not recommended as you take considerable damage from the flying debris in following him around.
After Treus is killed, pick up the key.
19. Go through the east door, up the stairs then west until you get to another set of stairs. Go down these.
20. There's a large door on the south side. Go in and head south-east until you find some crystal outcrops.
21. Cut some of the crystals and you've completed the quest! You may wish to drop the crystal and cut additional crystals, dropping each one to the floor then gathering them all at the end. This is to ensure you have extras if you need them. You can do this to obtain as many as you can carry.
Quest points: 2
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Ks Jeppe
Last updated: 11-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2017 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2017 Andrew Gower.