Land of the Goblins
Difficulty: Experienced Requirements: Medium Length: Medium
Start location: Speak to Grubfoot in the entrance to the Cave Goblin Mines.
Skills: Level 36 Agility, Level 36 Fishing, Level 37 Herblore, Level 30 Prayer, Level 36 Thieving
Items: Light source, Unfinished toadflax potion (Vial of water and a Clean toadflax), Goblin mail, 5 gp, Blue dye, Purple dye, Yellow dye, Orange dye, Black mushroom ink (or an Empty vial and a Pestle and mortar), Slimey eel, (see the Tips, tricks & notes section for information on dyes and Slimey eels), Fishing rod
Items: Dorgesh-kaan spheres, Falador teleport (1 Law rune, 1 Water rune, 3 Air runes), Ardougne teleport (2 Law runes, 2 Water runes) or Skills necklace (for teleports to Fishing Guild and Crafting guild), Amulet of Glory, armour, weapon
Walkthrough hide »
1. Speak to Grubfoot, in the caves just outside the Dorgesh-Kaan city entrance - he's trying to get Mistag to let him into the city. When Mistag tells him surface goblins can't come in, he asks you for help in speaking to the Chosen Commander, Zanik.
2. Ask Mistag why he won't let Grubfoot in, then claim responsibility for Grubfoot. Mistag will allow him to enter the city. Take him into the city to meet Zanik, who is in Oldak's room, north of the bank. (See the Dorgesh-Kaan map)
Dreams and Realities
3. Speak to Zanik in Oldak's room north of the bank and Grubfoot will tell her he believes she is the Chosen Commander. Ask him what the Chosen Commander is, and he will show his dream of Yu'biusk, the Land of the Goblins. Question him as to how he knows the dream was true, to which he replies that it was far more real than any other. When Zanik asks what it must mean, say that you think it must have some meaning. Sadly, no one seems to know the way to Yu'biusk any more - except the priests in a secret goblin temple. Grubfoot will not reveal this temple's location until all of you promise to not tell anyone where it is, so go ahead and make that promise.
4. Grubfoot describes a very muddy cave system near where humans catch fish. Oldak recognises it and says he can make a teleport sphere to get all of you there. He gives Grubfoot a teleport sphere to return to the Goblin Village as the Goblin Generals will soon notice he has gone, then asks if you're ready.
5. When you are ready, say you are, and you and Zanik will teleport to Goblin Dungeon.
6. Head north-west until you find a small alcove with a door guarded by two Goblin guards. Speak to them and they will let Zanik in, but will prevent you from entering the temple as you are human. Grab a black mushroom from any bunch on the floor of the cave complex, you'll need it later to make black mushroom ink.
7. Return to Oldak in Dorgesh-Kaan and tell him they wouldn't let you into the temple. He believes the Makeover Mage could help you with becoming a goblin to enter the temple.
8. Head over to the Makeover Mage south-west of Falador (either teleporting there or by using the Skill necklace to teleport to outside the crafting guild) and speak to him/her (...it?) about transmogrifying into a goblin. When the mage asks why, simply say you like goblins, and then ask whether he can turn you into one or not. So that he/she can't be held accountable for any mistakes, the mage gives you the recipe for a potion made of Pharmakos berries and toadflax. He/she gives you the Pharmakos berries, so make a Goblin potion (3) by using your unfinished toadflax potion with the berries.
Note: The goblin potion is a very unstable potion, whilst in the form of a Goblin, you must not
Performing any of the above actions will turn you back to your usual human form
9. Return to the Goblin Dungeon by any convenient means (the entrance is east of the Fishing Guild). (The skills necklace has a teleport to the door of the guild, or ask Oldak to teleport you, which costs one molten glass and two law runes).
10. Go to the goblin guards and drink your goblin potion, it makes no difference which goblin form you choose. Speak to them and tell them you want to go into the temple - accept whatever name they give you.
11. Once in the temple, head to the north end of the room and ask the High priest about Yu'biusk. He will only tell you if you can pass a test about the Big High War God.
12. Now that you have passed the test, the high priest will answer your questions, so ask about Zanik, Yu'biusk and the goblin representation in the temple. You'll find that a goblin named 'Snothead' may know where Yu'biusk is - the only problem is that he's dead. The high priest can however communicate with him in the crypt room by simply saying his name. To get into the crypt, you need six keys from each of the six tribal priests and all must be used to open the large door. To get to the priests, you have to enter their Tribal rooms. The tribe guards will only let you past if you are wearing goblin mail dyed to match the colour of that tribe.
Teleport or walk to Draynor. To 'dye' your Goblin mail white, you'll need to speak to Aggie in Draynor Village. She reveals that you don't dye something white, but instead remove its colouring. Removing the dye from Goblin mail requires something from the gut of a Hemenster whitefish. Hemenster whitefish can only be caught with Slimey eels in the Fishing Contest area west of the Ranging Guild.
13. Go to the Fishing Contest area and try the gate. Tell Morris that you're there to catch the Hemenster whitefish. He will let you in as long as you've already spoken to Aggie in Draynor. Bait one of the fishing spots with a Slimey eel in your inventory to get a Whitefish, then return to Aggie with the Whitefish, Goblin mail, and 5 gp to obtain White goblin mail.
14. Return to the Goblin Dungeon, drink the goblin potion, and enter the temple again. You may now enter each Tribal room by wearing the correct coloured mail. Below is the suggested order (going clockwise around the room from the white goblin room):
You should now have six keys, head to the large door at the north of the main room, prepare yourself for combat if you are not already ready
An Open Crypt
15. Open the crypt door and change back into a human by putting on any human armour.
16. Ask Strongbones where Yu'biusk is, he tells you that it is not within the realm of RuneScape, but on another plane of existance. A portal could be opened to there. When you say goodbye, he will part with the advice that Zanik will find whatever she is looking for in Yu'biusk.
17. Return to Zanik in Oldak's room in Dorgesh-Kaan and speak to her. When you tell her that you've been told how to reach Yu'biusk, Zanik recognises the power of fairy rings. Oldak theorises about breaking the barriers between the realms and Zanik realises that it is her destiny to go to Yu'biusk.
18. Go to the Fairy Ring AJQ - you may use the fairy ring network or walk there by going to the Dorgesh-kaan agility course in the south of the city. Enter the agility dungeon and head down the ladder to the west, and heading east along the first eastward path you see there, follow the path a little south and head to the teleport icon on your minimap.
19. Speak with Oldak - he explains how the machine will balance the fairy ring and asks you to handle the power distribution. With the knowledge that the rings are two, four, and six zurgs wide, you must find the proper proportion based on their areas. Set the rings to 9, 4, and 1 power from left to right and confirm. As the portal opens, a cut scene shows the barren wasteland Yu'biusk has become.
20. Head north-west from the teleport point until you encounter a strange box. Oldak tells you and Zanik that they must leave now. However help Zanik open the strange box to see a cutscene. Zanik will be taken by the box. Oldak machine cannot sustain inter planar teleport for much longer and will teleport you back to his laboratory in Dorgesh-Kaan, completing the quest.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: SaidinWoT
Last updated: 09-Dec-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2020 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2020 Andrew Gower.