Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Medium Length: Long
Start location: House north-east of Baxtorian Falls, speak with Almera.
Items: A Games necklace will teleport you to the Barbarian Outpost near the house north of the falls.
Monsters: Skeleton Mage (level 28), Skeleton (level 84), Shadow Spiders (level 66), Moss Giant (level 88), Fire Giants (level 122). Note: You are not required to fight any of these monsters; you just have to get past them.
NPCs: Almera, Golrie, Hadley, Hudon
Walkthrough hide »
1. Speak to Almera and head around to the back of her house and board the raft there. It will take you towards the waterfall, but crash half way there. You should now see a a little boy named Hudon.
2. Talk with Hudon. After that, use your rope on the rock on the next island downstream which has the option "Swim to". Next, use your rope on the dead tree on the island and you will end up at the door to the waterfall. Don't enter the door yet or you will take damage.
3. Jump in the barrel and you will be taken down the waterfall. Enter the house just north of where the barrel took you and talk with Hadley. After that go upstairs and search the bookcase to find the book named Book on Baxtorian. You must read through this book to proceed with the Quest. After reading it, talk with Hadley again.
4. Go to the Tree Gnome Village maze and down the dungeon ladder just before the entrance to the Gnome Village.
5. Go to the east and you will find a lot of crates and boxes. Search the crate outlined in the picture below and you will find a key (this key can only be found after reading the book). When you have the key, go west and open the jail door.
6. Inside the jail cell, you will find a gnome named Golrie. Talk with him and he will drop a lot of junk. You will search it and find a pebble, ask if you can keep it.
7. Now bank all of your armour, weapons and runes but withdraw some food. Go back to Hadley's house, go up to the grave a little north-east of there. Use the pebble on the tombstone and you will be taken down into the tomb.
Note: You will not be able to enter the tomb if you have any armour or weapons or runes on you, and you cannot use prayers. So take lots of food if you have a low combat level. There are level 88 Moss giants in this tomb, so have full run energy to evade them easily (you are not required to fight them).
8. Go west and open the chest, search it and you will find Glarial's Amulet. It is recommended to drop this amulet and take another from the chest so that you have two (a spare for after the quest). Now take the southern path and search the tomb there. You will find an urn. Exit the tomb and go to a bank.
9. Withdraw from the bank 6 water runes, 6 earth runes, 6 air runes, rope and whatever you will need (armour, weapons and food) to get past level 122 fire giants and other monsters (keep the urn and amulet; bank the pebble in case you die).
10. Return to the waterfall. Once again board the raft and use your rope on the rock, then your rope on the dead tree. But this time enter the waterfall with the amulet equipped or in your inventory. You will encounter Shadow Spiders right away, but the quest does not require you to fight them. The Shadow Spiders will drain your prayer points if attacked.
11. There will be 3 paths each going east, north and west. Go east, and you will end up in a room occupied by level 28 Skeleton Mages and level 84 Skeletons. You are not required to fight them. Search the northernmost crate outlined in the picture below and you will find a key.
12. Now go to the western path and enter the room with Fire Giants (again not required to fight them). Go all the way north and use your key on the door to open it (the same key spawns on the floor inside). Use the key on the next door to the north.
13. You will now be in a room with 6 pillars. Use one air, one water and one earth rune on each of them, and then use your amulet on the Statue of Glarial. Do not take the Chalice, or the cave will be flooded. Instead, use your urn with the Chalice and you will have completed the quest.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Ks Jeppe and Soul Forge
Last updated: 09-Jun-2014
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2018 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2018 Andrew Gower.