Difficulty: Master Requirements: Hard Length: Long
Start location: Speak to the Archaeologist at the Bedabin Camp, south-west of Shantay Pass. The Shantay Pass is south of Al-Kharid.
Skills: Level 50 Firemaking, Level 50 Magic, Level 10 Slayer, Level 53 Thieving
Items: 650 gp, Knife, 12 Magic logs, 6 Steel bars, 6 Molten glass, Charcoal, Ashes, a Blood rune, 1 set of Normal bones, Cake, Silver bar, Garlic, Pestle & mortar, Spiked boots, Spices, at least 10 Lockpicks, Antipoison potions, Tinderbox, Facemask, Super restore potions.
You will want to have decent food and both good magic defence armour (such as dragonhide) and melee defence armour throughout the quest. To defeat the four bosses in the quest, the most effective strategy is to use your highest elemental (fire, earth, water and air) spell where appropriate. Stock up on runes and equipment to each of the four bosses using a different high-level elemental spell. Later on, this guide will outline which elemental spell to use against which boss.
Skills: Level 43 Prayer for Protection prayers (higher is beneficial), a high agility level, a high enough magic level to be able to defeat tough monsters over level 150 using magic.
Items: Ice gloves, Waterskins, additional coins to use magic carpet transportation, single click teleport for during boss fights (Elf crystal, Ectophial, Teletablets, Scrolls, etc.). Various other teleportation methods are recommended throughout the quest and are listed in each bank stop where appropriate.
Walkthrough hide »
1. You start out at the Bedabin Camp, which is in the western part of the desert, south-west of the Shantay Pass. Speak to the Archaeologist to learn that he thinks there's great treasure in the desert. He will ask you to deliver an etched note to a colleague of his.
2. The Archaeologist's colleague can be found in the examining hall in the southern part of the Digsite area. Speak to the Archaeology expert and he will translate it for you. Go back to the Bedabin camp.
3. Now speak to the Archaeologist again and agree to split any possible loot 50:50 between the two of you. You won't actually need to split anything at the end or even need to speak to him again.
NOTE: Ensure you are not wearing any Zamorak or Saradomin clothing before proceeding or you will be attacked by Bandits within the entire camp.
4. Head south to the bandit camp and talk to the bartender. Buy a beer for 650 gp and then talk to him again. Bring up the subject of diamonds. Now go talk to Eblis on the east side of the camp. Eblis tells you that he can craft some scrying glasses to help you find the diamonds. He needs 12 magic logs, 6 steel bars, 6 molten glass, ashes, bones, 1 piece of charcoal, and 1 blood rune. Give these items to him by using each of them on him. Once he has all the required items, talk to him again.
5. Eblis will now go set up six mirrors. Find them by walking south-east of the camp. Eblis will be on a hill surrounded by these mirrors. Look into each of them to find the locations related to the diamonds. Four of them are true locations and two are false. You can recover the four diamonds in any order you desire.
NOTE: As you recover each diamond, it is highly recommended to bank the diamond as quickly as possible. Throughout this quest, you are at risk of having a level 95 Shady stranger spawn near you and attack you with a Dragon dagger any time you are carrying one or more diamonds in your inventory. This can happen virtually anywhere. It is not recommended to fight the stranger as it does not drop anything of value and can inflect lots of damage if you are not prepared.
1. Teleport to Ardougne and go north to find a man named Rasolo. He is far west of the Fishing Guild between two fenced areas, south of Glarial's tomb. Speak to him and he will tell you that someone has stolen a gilded cross from him and that you have to get it back for him before he will help you.
2. Go back to the southern part of the Bandit Camp to find a tent containing a locked chest. Use a lockpick to unlock it. This may take several attempts and several lockpicks. If you fail to open the chest, you may be poisoned and your Lockpick will break. If you run out of lockpicks or antipoison, the bandits can be pickpocketed for additional lockpicks or antipoison, or you can go back to the Shantay pass bank for more. Once you succeed in opening the chest, you will have your gilded cross. Teleport back to Ardougne.
4. Go back to Rasolo. Give him the gilded cross and he will then give you the Ring of visibility. If you are only doing Desert Treasure for the ring, this is all you will need to complete to be able to use it.
5. Equip the Ring of visibility and a trapdoor will appear in the fenced off area. Open the trapdoor and go down the shadow ladder into Damis' Lair, the Shadow Dungeon.
6. Go through the long tunnels as far to the east you can. You will encounter level 96 Shadow Hounds and level 80 Giant Skeletons, but they can be evaded. Make your way to the large room on the east side. As soon as you enter, Damis (level 124) will appear and you will need to defeat him. Both his forms are extremely weak to earth spells, so use your most powerful earth spells to attack! It is recommended to defend against his melee attack by using one of the two safespots marked in red below in conjunction with protect against melee prayer enabled as you lure him there. Alternatively you may choose to melee him, but beware, his second form can hit 280+ damage.
7. Killing his first form shouldn't be too hard using the above explained strategy. Kill Damis again as he respawns in a stronger form (level 124). This form is significantly harder to kill. He will drain your prayer much faster than normal and can hit 280+ damage. This is not a problem if you are using a safespot. Again, maging him with high earth spells works very well. If you already caught his weaker version in a safespot, you will not need to trap him again.
8. When Damis is dead, pick up the Rock diamond and head to the nearest bank to deposit it.
1. Head to the Canifis bar. When you approach you should see a sequence where a Vampyre called Malak collects blood from the bartender Roavar. He then calls you over. Tell him you are looking for the diamond and he will tell you who has it. This vampyre named Dessous apparently has it in his possession. Malak tells you where he is and how to kill him. He wants you to kill Dessous so that he can own more land.
2. Go to Draynor and go down either dungeon entrance trapdoor into the sewers to find the man called Ruantun living in the sewers. Give him your Silver bar and he will make it into a Silver pot.
3. Emerge above ground and walk over to the docks of Port Sarim. Travel to Entrana using the monks' boat. If you have any weapons or armour that provide any kind of bonus whatsoever, you will need to take them off and deposit them in the deposit box nearby before travelling. Once you arrive, have your Silver pot blessed by the high priest in the chapel.
4. Go back to Malak in Canifis and tell him you have the items he wanted. He will drain some blood for you and put it in your pot. Crush the garlic in your inventory with a pestle & mortar and add it to the blood. Also add the spice.
5. Gather the necessary equipment and prepare for battle. You will want to bring filled druid pouches to avoid having your food rot on the way to Dessous. He is level 120 and is extremely weak to air spells, so bring lots of runes and appropriate magic equipment to cast your highest leveled air spell.
6. Now it is time to find Dessous! If you have completed In Search of the Myreque, you can take a shortcut through the Myreque Hideout (cyan path on the map above) to reach him. If this area is not yet accessible to you, the fastest route through the Swamps is outlined in red on the map above. You will come to the graveyard at the end of either path.
7. Dessous is level 120, and while air spells are most effective, players with a high combat level could also try to use melee. Using ranged or a halberd is not recommended, as If you try to attack him behind a safespot, he will teleport to where you are. Dessous also has a type of magic attack that will cause bats to attack you in addition to his other attacks. Using the "protect from ranged" or "protect from magic" prayer is most effective to avoid the bat attacks and will help you use the least amount of food. To begin the battle, use your pot of blood and spices on the vampyre's grave and he will come out and attack you.
8. After he dies, unlike the other bosses, he will not drop the blood gem. To obtain it, head back to Malak in the Canifis bar using the same map above and he will give you the Diamond of Blood. Head to the nearest bank to deposit it.
Diamond of Ice
IMPORTANT: This part of the quest can be very difficult without the right levels or equipment. High leveled players have experienced difficulty with this part of the quest because they did not bring the right equipment. Be sure to pack your inventory very carefully - each inventory space is extremely valuable. Bring all the items required and recommended below and be sure to fill any remaining inventory spaces with good food. Equip all items that you possibly can and leave less important things behind.
IMPORTANT: During this part of the quest, you will encounter an area where all of your stats (including lifepoints, prayer points and all your combat and skill stats) will quickly drain at a constant rate. As you are journeying through this area, you must keep a close eye on your lifepoints, your prayer points and especially your skill level for your combat stats. For example, if your magic skill level drops too low, your fire spells will becoming increasingly less accurate until you drink a dose of stat restore potion. Bring an ample amount of Super stat restore potions - being cheap can end up being costly. It is recommended to set your highest or near-highest fire spell to auto-cast for this part of the quest.
1. Bringing all the items you will need, teleport to Trollheim and walk north to the ice gate. This path is marked in red on the map above. If you have not yet completed Eadgar's Ruse to unlock the Trollheim teleport, the walking path from Burthorpe is marked on our Eadgar's Ruse Quest Guide.
2. Give the troll child your cake to get him to calm down and he will tell you that his mum and dad have been frozen solid by a nasty man. The man claimed that they stole a diamond from him, when they really just found it on the ground. You agree to help the troll child retrieve his parents.
IMPORTANT: This next area is where the stat degradation will begin. If your inventory is not full with supplies at this point, you may wish to return to a bank to stock up as best as you can. Once you are ready to start, continue with the next step.
3. If you are a lower level, you may wish to enable the Protect from Melee prayer and enable autocast on your chosen fire spell before continuing. Squeeze through the ice gate to the east to enter the next area. You will begin to take 10 damage constantly and all your stats will slowly drain as an effect of the cold weather. Evade the trolls and run southeast until you see the frosty cave. Up to this point, this path is marked in green on the map above.
4. The frosty cave is blocked with icicles. Kill any five ice trolls near the cave until all the icicles covering the entrance have fallen off. You will receive a notice in your chatbox indicating each time an icicle has fallen off the cave. The best way to attack trolls is to cast fire offensive spells at them. Remember to pay attention to your draining stats as you battle these trolls! Once the cave is freed from icicles, you will be able to squeeze through the cave, still traveling on the green path marked on the map above. If at this point your inventory is rather depleted, go back to a bank and restock.
5. Once you are through the frosty cave opening, enable both your Protect from Melee prayer and autocast for your chosen fire spell if you haven't already. Evade the level 136 Ice Wolves and continue following the green path on the map above. This area is multi-combat and it is not recommended to fight these wolves. Remember to pay attention to your draining stats!
6. You will eventually reach a clearing without wolves where Kamil, who is level 126, will come out and attack you. He will attack with melee and magic. In addition, the effects of the cold will continue to drain all your stats and your special attack bar. Battle him using your best fire spell and with Protect from Melee enabled, provided your armour has decent magic defence stats. Continue eating, drinking stat restore potions and drinking prayer potions as needed while you battle him. Remember to not let your magic level drop too low or your fire spells will be less effective! Keeping an eye on all your stats, he is not too difficult to defeat with the right equipment. When he dies, he drops a super restore potion and two chocolate cakes. You can safely use these supplies as you will not need to give them to anyone.
7. From this point forward, use your food and potions sparingly, as, depending on your luck, you may take a large amount of damage as you travel up the ice path. Continue walking, now following the cyan path on the map above. The path spirals around the mountain until you come to an icy trail.
8. The icy trail is marked in yellow. Put on your spiked boots and begin trekking up the slippery path. As you journey up the path, you will occasionally slip and fall, taking a small amount of damage. Keep an eye on your health.
9. Once you have reached the top and crossed the ice bridge, you will find two frozen trolls. These are the parents of the troll child. Set them free by casting your fire spell on the ice until it melts.
10. Talk to the trolls and they will teleport you back to the entrance of the area. Talk to the troll child and you will receive the Diamond of Ice for your efforts. Head to the nearest bank to deposit it.
Diamond of Smoke
IMPORTANT: You cannot wield any items in your hands slots (sword or shield slots) during this boss battle unless you are wearing ice gloves. You will either need to complete the respective Heroes' Quest section to unlock them in order to use any kind of weapons, or you can plan to attack using only runes and wield nothing in your sword or shield slots. You cannot wield any kind of staff without ice gloves. Plan your attack strategy carefully with this in mind.
1. The smoke well is located close to south Pollnivneach. Travel to Pollnivneach by any means and walk west from the Menaphite tents past the ridge. Then walk north to the dungeon symbol until you reach the smoking well. It is south-east of the desert mining camp, across the mountain range. Before you enter, make sure you are wearing your Facemask, purchased from any Slayer master, and do not take it off while in the dungeon! Climb down the well.
2. You will need to unlock the chest containing a key marked in cyan on the map above. In order to do this, you will need to have all four torches in the dungeon lit simultaneously within a limited timeframe. The torches are marked in white on the map above. Walk to the far north-east torch in the cave. Before you start the torch race, you will want to let your energy recharge to 100%. Be ready to drink your energy potions so that you can run constantly as you light the torches.
3. When you are ready, light the north-east torch with your tinderbox. Next light the south-east torch, then the north-west torch, then finally the south-west torch. Once all four torches are lit, you get a message saying you should claim your key. If you do not light all four torches in time, return to the north-east torch and try it again.
4. Still running, go to Fareed's Chest marked in cyan on the map above in a large square room with Fire giants. Open the chest in the middle of the room before any of the torches go out to find a key.
5. You will no longer need to run from this point forward. Head over to the east side of the dungeon and go to the gate. Enable your Protect from Melee prayer and open it with your new key. The level 120 fire warrior named Fareed will appear.
6. Fareed will force you to unequip your weapon if you are not wearing your ice gloves during battle. If your inventory is full, a low value item will be banked in order to fit your weapon in your inventory. If your bank is full, you will instead drop a low value item. He attacks with a relatively weak magic attack compared to his devastating melee attack, which can sometimes hit over 300LP in one hit. Keep your Protect from Melee prayer on and begin fighting. Attack with your best water offensive spell, but remember you cannot wield any staffs without ice gloves. You cannot use other offensive spells.
7. Once Fareed has died, pick up the Diamond of Smoke and exit the dungeon. Head to the nearest bank to deposit it.
The Pyramid: Wrapping Up
REMEMBER: Any time you are carrying these diamonds in your inventory, you are at risk of having a level 95 Shady stranger spawn near you and attack you with a Dragon dagger at any time. This can happen virtually anywhere. It is not recommended to fight the stranger as it does not drop anything of value and can inflect lots of damage if you are not prepared.
1. Go back to Eblis near the Bandit Camp and learn that the four diamonds hold the power of the desert folks' legendary hero Azzanadra. You will learn Azzanadra is trapped in the pyramid south of where the mirrors are set up.
2. Go to the Pyramid which is south-east of Eblis. Use the four diamonds on the four corresponding obelisks surrounding it. The colour of each obelisk will show which gem to use with it. Once the gems have been placed, the pyramid is now open. Enter the pyramid.
3. You will start on the top of the pyramid and you need to make your way to the middle room on the bottom floor. Pray Protect from Melee and run through each floor of the pyramid. Remember to keep an eye on your prayer level and lifepoints as you navigate through the pyramid. You will encounter level 112 Scarabs and level 138 Mummies. The Scarabs can poison you (for 30 LP) so be sure to drink some Antipoison potions when this happens. Occasionally, you may activate traps that appear randomly and you will fall through them and end up outside. If this happens, you will need to start over at the top again. There is no consistent, proven strategy to avoid traps, as traps will appear even if you stand still in the same place for a long time. Running through the pyramid at all times, however, seems to minimize the risk of activating any traps.
4. Once you reach the bottom level middle chamber, the spirit of Azzanadra will appear. Once you complete the conversation, this quest will be complete! Congratulations!
NOTE: To change your magic spellbook to the Ancient Magicks Spellbook, pray at the altar in the room. This will drain your prayer points entirely. To return to normal magic, pray at the altar again. The portal in the room will teleport you outside the pyramid and reveal a secret door on the outside of the pyramid that you can use to enter the middle chamber anytime from now on.
Quest points: 3
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Cowman_133
Last updated: 10-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2019 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2019 Andrew Gower.