Difficulty: Master Requirements: Hard Length: Medium
Start location: The Piscatoris Fishing Colony, which is far north-west of the Gnome Stronghold. You can take a boat trip from the river which is north west of the Gnome Stronghold.
Quest Points: 101
Skills: Level 62 Cooking, Level 40 Crafting, Level 42 Firemaking, Level 62 Fishing, Level 66 Magic, Level 45 Smithing
Skills: 23 Runecrafting, combat skills to kill a level 130 Troll
Items: Dramen/Lunar staff, (or completed Fairy Tale Part III, A - Battle at Orks Rift), 50gp or Ring of charos (a), 5 Iron bars or Ring of forging, one Normal log, food for healing, your best armour and weapons.
Walkthrough hide »
1. Go west along the outside of the fence of the Gnome Stronghold, then head north from the hill giants you pass until you reach a river with a boat. You will see Kathy Corkat and Devin Mendelberg by the boat. Talk to Kathy and ask her to take you downstream. She will ask you for 50 gold pieces, but if you have your activated Ring of Charos, you can charm her to take you there free. Once you have paid her this fee she will take you to the island for free in the future.
Entering the Colony
2. Move north west from the row boat and talk to Herman Caranos. Ask him if you can help him and agree to do it. You will be asked if you want to look at a cutscene. The cutscene is highly recommended if you have any interest in the past adventures of the Wise Old Man. You will be asked to fetch the Wise Old Man.
3. So, go to Draynor Village (Draynor lodestone recommended) and talk to him. He agrees to help you, but he needs five blood runes, ten lava runes and ten mist runes. You can make the lava and mist runes yourself (check the RuneCrafting guide for more info) or you can buy them from players. Blood runes can be bought from various rune shops or players, made with the Runecrafting skill or received from monster drops. After you bring him the runes, he will teleport to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony where you started the quest.
Out with the new, in with the old
4. Bank to get the fighting equipment and food that you need to fight the upcoming monsters. Go to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony and talk to the Wise Old Man. If you have all your fighting equipment, tell him that you're ready to go on. After entering, you will be ambushed by level 90 Sea Trolls. Fight them and eventually they will stop coming from the sea. Kill all of them and proceed through the gate.
5. The Wise Old Man will ask you to find Herman now. Go to the house on the eastern side of the town, east from the Furnace and talk to Herman. The Wise Old Man will teleport next to him and they will start discussing ways to defend the colony. You are asked to help Franklin Caranos the engineer and Arnold Lyndspor the storemaster. Franklin is near the colony gate, Arnold is in one of the big storage sheds. Here's how to help them:
6. After talking to Arnold he will give you a net. Now run to the north west corner of the colony and catch five monkfish. Beware, though! You will be attacked by level 80, 90 and 120 Sea Trolls while fishing. After you have caught five monkfish, bring them to Arnold. He wants you to cook them. So, go to the south western corner and cook the monkfish on the range. If you burn any, you can catch more from the same fishing spot. Bring Arnold five cooked monkfish to make him satisfied.
7. After talking to Franklin you will learn that you need five iron sheets. If you have 5 iron bars, you just need a log. Exit through the southern gates. (If you don't have iron bars, exit through the hole to find the Iron mining spots nearby. Mine at least five iron ores. Re-enter the hole.) Cut one log from the tree by the gates. Enter the Colony again.
8. Go to the furnace and smelt the iron ores into bars (optional: ring of forging). Then put your log in the firebox on the other side of the press and light it. Now the press is hot enough to handle the iron bars. Use them on the press to make five iron sheets. Go to the west side of the colony to the wall that is marked red on the minimap. Use the sheets on the broken parts of the wall to fix 'em. Now talk to Franklin and then Herman again.
Another small favour
9. Herman still has some work for you. Talk to him and he will ask you to go to the Wizards' Guild and talk to Wizard Frumscone.
10. Travel to Yanille (Yanille lodestone recommended), enter the Wizards' Guild and go to the basement. Wizard Frumscone will not loan you his zombies, but gives you another name, Malignius Mortifer. You can find him wandering around a bit south of Falador (Port Sarim lodestone recommended). Note that you can also go to the top floor of the Wizards' Guild and take the south portal and you will be teleported to the Dark Wizard's Tower, then proceed south-east to Malignius Mortifer.
11. When you talk to Malignius he will ask you for seven normal bones. You can go a bit east to kill the chickens in the farm for the bones or kill guards at Falador's gates for fast bones.
Potting the skeletons
12. After giving Malignius the bones, he will ask you to go to the crafting guild and will give you a brown apron. Wear the apron and go west to the crafting guild. Talk to the Master Crafter with brown hair and he will tell you to make a pot with an airtight lid. Mine two clay from the guild mine, and use it on one of the water sources in the area to make it into Soft clay (e.g. sink). Now use them on the pottery wheel and make one pot and one pot lid, then heat them in the pottery furnace. Now go back to Malignius. He will give you the bone seeds in your pot and teleport you back to the Colony. Go talk to Herman.
13. Now, you will see some nice cutscenes of the fight. Finally, a big queen will appear and you have to fight it. The queen uses mainly magic attacks, so when fighting it is good to keep the protect from magic prayer on (if you have at least 37 prayer). Beware though, the queen can drain your prayer! The queen also uses melee attacks, so it is suggested that you melee it with good armour and protect from mage. After killing the queen, walk back to Herman and talk to him to finish the quest.
Quest points: 2
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Pirkka, Kwimbob
Last updated: 17-Aug-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2020 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2020 Andrew Gower.