Zogre Flesh Eaters
Difficulty: Intermediate Requirements: Medium Length: Long
Start location: The open area west of Gu'Tanoth and south of Castle Wars. Talk to Grish.
Skills: Level 30 Fletching, Level 8 Herblore, Level 30 Ranged, Level 4 Smithing, Level 20 Strength
Items: All required items will be available during the quest, although it is easier and quicker if some items are purchased through the Grand Exchange (see Suggested Items).
Skills: 43+ Prayer, Must be able to defeat a level 111 foe.
Items: Knife, Ring of duelling, Watchtower teleport (Earth runes and Law runes), Food (Lobsters or better), Relicym's balm. Ogre Bow and Brutal arrows (Can be purchased, or created during the quest with Wolf bones, Bow string, Hammer, Hatchet or Achey tree logs, 50+ Feathers, and 50+ Nails).
Monsters: Slash Bash (Level 111), and a level 52 skeleton.
NPCs: Bartender -Dragon Inn-, Grish, Sithik Ints, Uglug Nar, Zavistic Rarve
Walkthrough hide »
1. To start the quest, speak to Grish, south of Castle Wars. He will explain that the Ogre ceremonial area to the east is infested with undead Ogres and asks you to investigate the cause of this problem. He will provide you with 2 super restore potions and 3 cooked chompy birds.
2. Speak to the Ogre Guard standing to the east near the barricades. He will allow you passage once you tell him that you're on a quest on behalf of Grish. Climb over the crushed barricade and run a short distance east until you reach the stairs that leads you to a cavern. Climbing down the stairs will lead you to the Zogre Tomb.
4. Search the broken lectern and you will find a 'torn page'. Search the Ogre coffin just west of the skeleton to find a 'crude key hole'. Use the knife to pry it open and then search it to obtain a 'black prism'. You might have to try to open it more than once as you could fail.
5. Go to Yanille and show the tankard to the Dragon Inn bartender. He tells you that the mug belongs to Brentle Vahn who hasn't shown up in the bar for some time and also had shady dealings with a wizard whose name he doesn't know. However, he would recognise him if he saw him again.
6. Proceed to the Mage Guild, ring the bell by the door, and Zavistic Rarve will appear. Speak to him and show him the items you have collected. He asks you to speak to Sithik Ints, a mage who has had prior knowledge in necromancy.
8. Head back to the bartender and show him the Dragon Inn Tankard first, then show him Sithik's portrait. He identifies it as the man that was last seen with Brentle. He will then sign the portrait as verification.
9. Bring all the evidence you've collected thus far to Zavistic Rarve (ring the bell in front of the Wizards' Guild) and he will give you a strange potion to be drunk by Sithik. Head towards Sithik and use the potion with his cup of tea. Go down the ladder and back up again, and you will find that Sithik has turned into an ogre! This is where you squeeze out of him all the information he knows about Zombie Ogres, how to make brutal arrows to effectively defeat the zombies, the method to create a cure if you're infected by zombie disease and the fact that the summoning spell can not be reversed.
10. Return to Grish and break the bad news to him. He then tells you that in order to relocate the ceremonial grounds, he needs an artifact that is found in the caverns and passes you a key. If you complain to him about the ogre bow used to fire the brutal arrows is too slow, he will teach you how to make a composite ogre bow through the use of 'achey logs and wolf bones'. You can use Relicym's balm on Uglug Nar to be able to access his store.
11. Go down the stairs into the caverns, go west through the gates and descend the stairs. Walk to the end of the room where you will you see a small stand. Search it and a level 111 Zogre named Slash Bash will appear and attack you with melee and range.
12. Return the artifact to Grish to complete the quest.
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: DroolMAN
Last updated: 23-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
© 1999 - 2020 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved.
RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2020 Andrew Gower.