Curse of Arrav, The
Difficulty: Master Requirements: Hard Length: Medium
Start location: Speak to Ali the Wise, located on the north side of Nardah.
Skills: Level 61 Agility, Level 64 Mining, Level 64 Ranged, Level 37 Slayer, Level 64 Strength, Level 41 Summoning, Level 66 Thieving
Other: You must have completely restored Senliten
Skills: Level 43 Prayer, Level 61 Magic (for Trollheim teleport)
Monsters: Arrav (level 180)
Walkthrough hide »
1. Travel to Nardah, located in the south-eastern side of the Kharidian Desert. The fastest way to get there is to use a Nardah teleport. Carpet rides from Shantay Pass are another option.
2. Speak with Ali the Wise, who will ask you to go to Trollweiss mountain to scout out Zemouregal's fort.
3. Teleport or walk to Trollheim and take the north-western path (click to view path) to a cave (located across from the Ice Gate - not through the Ice Gate). Walk through the cave (click to view map). Protect from melee prayer is advised, as there are aggressive Ice Trolls. Exit to be on top of Trollweiss Mountain.
4. Walk to the east and enter the next cave. This cave is a labyrinth of rubble that has to be mined to pass. Note that each pile of rubble can only be mined once from each side, and piles of rubble must be mined one to three times to be cleared. In some cases, it is necessary to take a path around a group of rocks to mine a rock from another side. On the map below, blue dots represent rubble that can be mined, white cannot be mined, and green fall as a result of a cave-in and cannot be mined either.
5. Pick up the Stone, Granite, Slate and Shale Tablets off of the ground at the locations marked with a red dot on the map above. These can optionally be given to Ali to learn more about the Mahjarrat.
6. After passing through the last bit of rubble, you will find yourself in a room with stairs and some bookcases. Search the bookcases for Notes (a-j). Continue up the stairs afterwards.
7. After climbing the stairs, speak with Arrav, and he will attack you. It is recommended to use Protection from melee while battling him, which should make it a simple fight. Once at around half health, Arrav will stop and tell you to search the flame tapestry to the south for something that may help the both of you. Shortly after, he teleports away and the fight is over.
8. Walk to the southern room and search the tapestry for a Base key and Base plans.
9. Return to Nardah and speak to Ali the Wise. After talking with Ali about the base, walk north-east, and navigate through Senliten's pyramid south of Uzer (from Missing My Mummy). Speak with Pharaoh Queen (Senliten) to receive a Canopic jar and instructions for filling it.
10. Fill the Canopic jar with Sacred oil, three Dwellberries, and a Ring of life. Be careful not to eat the Dwellberries. Return to Ali the Wise after filling the jar, and speak with him about the jar and what to do next. He will give you a list of items that are necessary in raiding the base.
11. Go to the north-western tower of the Varrock palace and ask Hartwin to escort you to Zemouregal's base, located under the Chaos Temple in the southern Wilderness (north of Varrock). You cannot simply go to the Chaos Temple yourself, you must have Hartwin escort you.
Continue through the tunnels, past the Armoured Zombies (protect from melee prayer is again advised, as these are aggressive), until you reach the room located directly east of the third metal door. Warning: Getting caught at any point (by getting caught by guards or a trap) will result in a small amount of damage, and you will wake up at the door by the Armoured Zombies.
12. When you get to the room, equip your Insulated boots if you're not already wearing them. Then squeeze through the pipe and walk through the sewer.
13. When you get to the far end, try to enter the drain, but you will not be able to. Summon a Macaw and have it look through the pipe and the guards move away so you can safely crawl through. Do not dismiss the macaw after crawling through, as if you get caught, you are thrown into the dungeon with Armoured zombies and must use the macaw again to crawl through the pipe.
14. Move to the southern room, search the tables for the Decoder strip and Notes (k-z), and pick the lock on the chest for a Code key.
15. Read the Code key for a 4-letter code, "FHGE" for example. Operate the keypad, located to the left of the pedestal room door, and line up each Decoder strip with its corresponding letter. For example, 1 would line up with F, and 2 would line up with H, etc. After lining up each of the decoder strips, enter the number seen in decoder strip #1 into the first number box using the up and down arrows then press the right arrow to enter the next number, enter the number seen in decoder strip #2 in the second box, etc. Press the right arrow after the final number is entered. After completing the puzzle successfuly, the door will unlock.
16. Enter the pedestal room, grapple the pipe, and cross the fire traps.
17. Use the Canopic jar with the pedestal to place the heart in the jar. This is important, as simply taking the heart off the pedestal will trigger an alarm! Teleport out (or get caught), and return to Ali the Wise. Now Ali says it's his turn to do research. Quest complete!
Quest points: 1
This quest is a requirement for:
Tips, Tricks & Notes
Written by: Lalala7324
Last updated: 10-Nov-2013
Will you use Menaphos to train your skills?
Help keep Tip.It alive, donate a bit to our site:
© 1999 - 2018 RuneScape Tips, all rights reserved. RuneScape® and Jagex® are trademarks of Jagex Ltd © 2000 - 2018 Andrew Gower.